Weird bug regarding Dual Wield Parrying

M4ze

Hi guys,

First, I am currently working on this mod with the permission of the autor Borgut1337.

I am experiencing a very wierd bug:

Sometimes the actor is performing a double attack instead of a bash when LH Spell and RH Sword/Axe/Mace/Dagger is equipped (With the animation of a bash). Here is a list of things I know so far:

1. It only appears in certain cells, if I leave the cell in the same way I have entered it, it works again. If I return later, the bug occurs again.

2. The bug is completely savegame independent. If it starts appearing once, it will appear in every savegame. Even in new games.

3. It only appears in first person view.

4. After a complete reinstallation the bug will appear after a certain time in the exact same cells.

5. I have the suspicion, that the bug is triggered by quickly saving and loading during a combat situation.

Any Idea what could cause this? I am using scripts in this mod, but nothing of my code is location dependend or is using a file to save things to.

Thanks

M4ze

Cells I am experiencing this bug(type: "coc cellname" without the " in the console to teleport to there. Works from the main menu and will create a new standard test character):

bleakfallsbarrow02

Edited by M4ze

It is random and it only starts occuring if I at least died once in this cell. I think it is a problem with saving and loading during combat. The funny thing is: Once it has started, it happens in every savegame and even in new ones, so there is a problem with the cell itself.

Common Issue.

You have a small dab of truth, but not the full truth.

When you die in a cell, your body is Disabled, and a script forces an old save to load.

Occasionally; the script will bug up and load your old save, but your body will not completely be disabled.

When this happens; the game says there are 2 players in the same cell, and when you enter that cell, your old corpse still has your weapon 'Equipped' and when you are trying to bash, it detects you as having 2 weapons equipped, even if you have a shield or a spell (Or nothing) equipped in your left/right hand.

To fix this you need to leave the cell and let it reset (Wait 30 Skyrim days) and everything should be fine (Within that cell, at least)

If you require further assistance, make sure to tell me!

The things you said sound reasonable, I thought something like that already. But however.. waiting 30 days did not change anything. I managed to let the bug reappear after a complete reinstallation. The funny thing: I went to some random area, got me killed several times and instantly reloaded a save made during battle. What happened: the bug started reappearing not in the cells in which I have died, but in the cells in which they appeared the time before the reinstallation. I deleted all saves before the reinstallation. However, the thing you said about two swords equipped: I stumbled across this bug(by bug I mean bash animated double attack) in a earlier version of the mod. Turned out that this was caused by two bashes triggered at one time. Edited by M4ze

• 4 weeks later...

I am having an issue where i cannot zoom in with my bow. my controls are figured to m1: rh, m2: lh, m4: block. I have tried both block and left hand but it just makes the blocking sound and does nothing. I have the main Dawnguard version

• 1 year later...

I've tried many versions of this mod, however I can't get it to load with SkyUI v4.1 which is really annoying, as I think this a simple but brilliant mod which allows a far more fun and realistic dual wield experience. Any fix or advice would be highly appreciated!