Game Crashes at Specific Point in the Denerim Market

Kasaanda

I've said that - any number of times :laugh: That doesn't mean that I'm right, just that I've said it ;)

Denerim has a large number of checks of plot flags, triggers, etc etc. Add that a

Also I want to point out that while I am using a TON of mods

can also cause lag. Combine the lag from a TON of mods with the tendency for Denerim to crash... A CTD is almost guaranteed.

To 'get around this', try to end as many of the quests as possible and then go to Denerim shortly after you begin playing (from a stored save). It isn't perfect, but it is a work around. I suggest reducing the TON of mods.

• 2 years later...

Hi, i am very sorry for the late reply/thread necro, but i just ran into this problem while during a trilogy playthrough. I also have Improved Atmosphere installed and that seems to be the culprit (as read on other forums). Uninstalling can cause a load of other problems, but i may have found a workaround (not for the crashes itself though, just save often... ) Load a save game from before Denerim (or outside of) Market and then load the actual game you want to load. That seems to solve the save game crashes at least and lets you play for a little bit. Then, as i said, save often (before speaking with anybody important, before approaching the market center), and upon the next crash do the workaround above.

Thanks - this has been working splendidly for me.

• 2 years later...