Is there a way to sense the current "home" location of the player's spouse?

Lollia

This is a bit of a re-post of a thread I made for the LE version of the Creation Kit a few days back, but I'm hoping (for better or worse) that I might get a response here, because I would like to get started tackling this before my interest fades.

- - - - -

I am trying to figure out if it's possible for the game to sense where the current home location is for a radiant quest giving NPC, one whose "home" location can change depending on other game-play events.

To offer further clarity, I'm experimenting with a concept concerning spouses. I don't specifically need to know which house the player has their spouse stationed in (hopefully this will help it work with custom homes), but rather where exactly that house is located in the Skyrim world-space--like which hold--Eastmarch, Whiterun, Hjaalmarch, etc...

Is this possible to do, or am I looking at just limiting the radiant locations via keeping them conditioned solely to the Skyrim-specific world-space? I think that limiting it to the hold the spouse is currently living in would make the most sense given the context of what the quest entails, but if it absolutely has to send the player traveling across Skyrim to fulfill it, then I suppose it's better than nothing. :confused:

Edited by Lollia

Nether's Follower Framework ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/55653 ) has a way to assign NPCs to various, player-defined home bases.

Fertility Mode v3 Fixes and Tweaks ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/46820 ) has a tracking feature that shows a location for tracked individuals, is a bit spotty in updating the locations. You might try asking there.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the advice, Leonidas. :happy:

I know I'm being a bit vague on the details here, but upon reflecting about the exact nature of the quest, I think I'm actually going to end up making multiple versions of it and tailor-fitting those different versions to named NPCs who can be married, focusing on their past instead of their present. It will make the process of putting it together take much longer, but I think the end result will be worth it.