Getting DLC and mods working

Wandik

Your guide looks useful; I look forward to trying it out when I have a bit more time on my hands. Just a quick question; small mods, like adding WH40K armour, shouldn't affect FOOK & FWE right?

most usually mods like this one only add it's own new items with new ID's, so there probably won't be any impact to "big" mods... please next time write to THIS thread instead :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FINALLY!

After reinstalling Fallout 3 I got it working for the first time!

Then I spent one hour following your tutorial 100%, and it worked!

So if anyone says it doesn't, I followed EVERY step, got EVERY single thing you mentioned, and in the exact same order, and it works.

• 2 weeks later...
I've just written small guide about solving mods and "The 1.5 issue" in another topic. And because I believe the guide is correct, and don't wand to write it again and again other topics, that appear every day, i'll try to form it together with some of most used mods and make a "bigger" guide (I hope) for everyone

I'll not mention mods or DLC installing, i pressume you know how to do this, and if not, there is a nice guide made by overload HERE.

another great guide about mod installing, made by psyclops, is HERE.

Small guide :)

AFAIK, there are basically three ways (workarounds), how to solve mods and 1.5 issue up to date:

1) Either reinstall game with 1.0.0.15 patch, latest Fake patch, which "fakes" 1.5 patch, for the game with 1.0.0.15 be compatible with Broken steel, Unofficial F3 patch, which solves 1.0.0.15 bugs and BSA manager to load all your DLC .bsa files (that patch 1.0.0.15 doesn't loads automatically)

2)or use official 1.5 and FO3edit in masterupdate mode (guide in the FO3edit description at previous link)

3)or use another method for solving mods errors in 1.5 described HERE.

Lets look more in depth on the first way (which I still prefer - it's working, and you don't have to worry about future beth patches, that may screw something else...). To be honest, it's not the fastest way - if you are impatient, try the masterupdate way. A lot of people are satisfied with it.

"Bigger" guide

* for better visual "understandability" of my load orders, i will mark all new (or new activated) records green, and all moved violet. All (not new) activated mods will remain in standard color, all deactivated will be greyed. Files dependant on used DLC (and/or quest stages) will be in italic. Hope this will help you "track" changes in load order :)

* text after asterisk (*) in this orange color means an update. Better to read it...

* please give credits to authors of all mods mentioned here :thumbsup:

!! IMPORTANT !!

I've found nice Martigen's (author of MMM) post about updating older mods' versions, or removing mods, etc... You REALLY need to see it. Look HERE. But be awared, that by disabling a mod, you will lose all this mod's items (in inventory, in your house, everywhere...). So be carefull with disabling...

!! PLEASE READ !!

I've made new thread to keep discusion and suggestions to this and other guides for FO3. So, if you have some troubles, suggestions or questions, please post it HERE. Thank you :)

01 - FIRST THINGS FIRST - TOOLS NEEDED

FOMM

FOSE

BSA Manager

- you might be confused, why i'm not mentioning ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated, and why FOSE, cause it's not necessary, if you don't use mods with FOSE support. The answer is easy - AII is not needed anymore, cause FOSE includes it's functionality (under "Toggle invalidation" button). And FOSE, although it's not needed for most of the mods, it's needed for some of the most used ones. And, as added bonus, it virtually disables GFWL, if you launch game using FOSE (or FOMM and "Launch FOSE" button), instead of original FO3 launcher. This may solve some problems ppl have with GFWL enabled.

02 - PATCHING WORKAROUND

For 1.0.0.15 working FO3 setup, you will need following files:

Official FO3 1.0.0.15 Patch

latest Fake patch, version 1.5.0.22 (and possible later versions)

Unofficial FO3 patch, version 1.1.3 (and possible later versions)

- if you have FO3 installed, with patch greater than 1.0.0.15, sadly you'll have to unistall FO3 before following this guide. Then, follow these steps:

02.1 - Clear install of FO3

- be sure you backup all your settings, saves and mods. By uninstalling FO3, you won't lose them, they just stay in their default directories. To be sure you will do everything correctly, it's better to start with clean FO3\Data folder, as well as FO3\Profile folder (under My Games in your user profile location)

- after clean install, copy savegames from backup into your FO3\Saves folder under My Games. Be awared, cause by useing FOSE, the saves are not stored under different profile folders (like by using GFWL), but directly in the "root" of Saves folder. You have to copy them right there, or you won't be able to see any saves ingame...

02.2 - Official patching

- ensure, you use just and only official 1.0.0.15 patch. I assume it's the first official patch, although i simply misinterpreted it with 1.1.0.35 (thanks hotpocketdeath for opening my eyes :rolleyes:), it really is 1.0.0.15. Simply update the game by the patch exe file.

02.3 - Tools setup

- this is easy: Use FOMM installer to install this utility. Then, copy content of FOSE archive (check if you downloaded lates version, 1.1b6 so far...) into root of FO3 directory (default is under Program Files\Bethesda\Fallout 3). Do the same with BSA utility.

- run FOMM, and check, if the first button is labeled "Launch FOSE" - this is the prove that FOSE is installed correctly.

- you should see only Fallout3.esm in FOMM's main window.

- do the ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated process (a workaround to custom content to be available ingame) by clicking "Archive invalidation" button - THIS IS ESSENTIAL TO USE MODS!!

- try to execute the game by pressing "Launch FOSE" button - it should run faster then before, when you used GFWL. Alter the game default settings and controls if you wish, check if you can see your (copied) saves...

02.4 - 1.5 workaround

- unpack FakePatch_v1.5.0.22.ESM from Fake patch package into FO3\Data directory (Program Files\Bethesda\Fallout 3\Data)

- unpack Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esp (and Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - The Pitt.esp, Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Operation Anchorage.esp if you want to use this DLC packs) from Unofficial F3 patch file into the same directory

- use FOMM to arrange the files into following load order (notice the unofficial patch files for DLC are not checked, because you don't have DLCs installed yet)

[X] Fallout3.esm

[X] FakePatch_v1.5.0.22.ESM

[X] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esp

[ ] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - The Pitt.esp

[ ] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Operation Anchorage.esp

[X] VATSFixOff.esp

[ ] RemapWaterType.esp

* UPDATE: newer version of Fake patch uploaded (27.05.09). Added VATSFixOff.esp to correct VATS behavior (sorry i missed it before). Added RemapWaterType.esp for BS users.

- put VATSFixOff.esp after UF3P files, because it "Disables Unofficial Fallout 3 Patches VATS perk work-around as it's not needed when using a v1.0.0.15 Fallout3.exe"

- try to run the game again

03 - DLC

Needed tool:

BSA manager

- the install procedure is simple - download DLC, install, ensure, that both .bsa and .esm files are located in FO3\Data directory

- now a bit tricky part: because of 1.0.0.15 not loading custom/DLC .bsa files automatically, you need to use BSA tool to load them - it simply puts all checked .bsa names into archiveinvalidation section of FalloutPrefs.ini file. And, because length of single record in FO3.ini files is limited to 255 chars, you will have to (in case you use all DLC packs) rename the .bsa files in FO3\Data directory...

example:

Broken Steel - Main.bsa -> B-M.bsa

Broken Steel - Sounds.bsa -> B-S.bsa

.. etc

the shorter the name, the better :)

- after renaming .bsa files, run BSA manager tool, and check all files you will see in the main window. Easy :) This ensures, that all the content will be loaded, and you will not experience "black holes" and "red exclamation marks" ingame.

- be sure to load "ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated.bsa" (good practise is to rename it to "AII.bsa" to avoid 255 chars gap) FIRST!

- now, exec FOMM, and put all files in following load order (skip the ones you don't have, obviously...)

[X] Fallout3.esm

[X] ThePitt.esm

[X] Anchorage.esm

[X] BrokenSteel.esm

[X] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - The Pitt.esp

[X] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Operation Anchorage.esp

[X] VATSFixOff.esp

[X] RemapWaterType.esp

* enable RemapWaterType.esp ONLY if you have BS DLC, and AFTER entering Jefferson Memorial but BEFORE activating Project Purity when wrapping up "Take It Back". It fakes the missing function from the official 1.5 patch. More info HERE!

- there's no "Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Broken Steel.esp" so far, afaik

- this finishes the original beth part of game setup... if you use mods, put them in FOMM AFTER files mentioned above (except .esm ones, cause in FO3, all .esm (master) files are loaded before .esp ones...)

04 - THE MODS

- every day, new post apear on this forum, with ppl unable to run mod/mods, solve compatibiity between some mods etc. First, i would say: "Read the info, or readme for the mod(s)." There you should find everything you need... OK, there are some mods with no guide at all, but all good ones should have some :) Nevertheless, i'll try to post some clues, how to's, guides and best practices (according to me) for some of the most used and well known mods, which i'm using too. Please, don't blame me for "not using" some mod you consider important or "must have" - each of us has his own mod preference. By not mentioning a mod here, i'm not considering it "bad", "awfull" or something like it. I'm just not using it :)

- i'll try to ad one mod after another, with compatibility clues and load orders, that are working for me...

04.1 - FOOK

You can find latest (1.6) version of this mod HERE.

- FOOK installation is quite simple :) Just DL all three parts of Main files, "LATEST_FOOK_ESPS_v1.6", retex, if you want, and if you use DLCs, don't forget to DL "FOOK - Anchorage Addon" and "FOOK - The Pitt Addon" too. Install all content standard way. BEWARE! CALIBR mod is prerequisite for FOOK to work. I suggest to use it's latest version (1.1) found HERE (overwrite the FOOK archive one in FO3\Data folder). Then, use FOMM to put the files into following order:

[X] Fallout3.esm

[X] ThePitt.esm

[X] Anchorage.esm

[X] BrokenSteel.esm

[X] CALIBR.esm

[X] FOOK.esm

[X] VATSFixOff.esp

[X] RemapWaterType.esp

[X] FOOK.esp

[X] FOOK - The Pitt.esp

[X] FOOK - Anchorage.esp

[X] FOOK - Optional FOOK files here...

*try to keep UF3P files first of all other .esp files, cause they alter the main behavior, and if other mod references to vanilla data, it will get data corrected by UF3P

- let's play! Run the game by FOMM's "Launch FOSE". In further text, by "Launching or Running the game" I mean running FOSE. Everytime! Forget using original launcher. Rather delete the link on desktop :D

04.2 - (FOOK) additions

- there's a plenty of tweaks and additions (or plugins) to FOOK, as well as for other "main" mods. I'm writing about it not because of pushing you into some mods, but because of the process itself. The process of altering a mod by another mod is the same for all possible mods. The typical way is to put the "alteration" AFTER the mod, that os altered by it. I've seen plenty of posts from ppl unable to get some mod setup working. This may be one of possible reasons.

- basically, mod add-ons are of three types: ADD-ON (mod adding some new functionality to existing mod), VARIATION (altering or correcting mod's behavior, retex, changing stats etc.) and COMPATIBILITY PATCH (which is made for correct coexistence of different mods).

- i will demonstrate this on FOOK, because it's the only mod i was talking about up today, and there are different mods from all three classes mentioned above available for FOOK :) you will need following mods:

MyFOOK - The Pitt Ammo Press (as add-on), downloadable HERE. There are plenty of other MyFOOK additions at the page, most of them are changing main mod behavior.

FOOK - Fawkes Quickfix (as variation), downloadable HERE.

SS Weapon Effects for FOOK AND SS Weapon Effects DLC for FOOK if you have DLC (as compatibility patch), downloadable HERE. As all compatibility patches are made for at least two mods, you will need the basic wonderfull Saiden Storm's Weapon Effects.

Of course, FOOK is requirement for all these mods :)

- now, assume you installed this (or any other similar) mods (and overwrited files in FO3\Data folder if any - plenty of additions are retextures, which usually overwrite original or mod-based textures and/or meshes)

- the first and only rule for getting "additions" working, is to put them AFTER mods they alter or use as resources in your load order. It's quite logic, right? How would you be able to use FOOK sources, if the file that is looking for them is loaded before FOOK (so it has now idea, where the sources are..)?

- as for SS's Weaps Effects, in the archive, there is basic SS Weapon Effects.esm file and two .esp files, as well as some textures and meshes. You will need ONLY the resource files (textures, meshes, and .esm file). The two .esp files are not needed, you will use them only in vanilla setup without FOOK. Is better to say, you MAY NOT use them, because they are FOOK-incompatible :) to make this mod FOOK-compatible, you will use FOOK - SS Weapon Effects.esp (to alter FOOK/vanilla weaps behavior) and FOOK - SS Weapon Effects DLC.esp (to alter FOOK/DLC weaps behavior - you will need both files if you have DLC). Don't forget to put SS master .esm file before all .esp files (even FOOK one). FOMM will do it for you automatically, it only doesn't put the .esm files "up" in it's main window, but the load "numbers" are correct. So do it yourself, far the load order to be well-arranged.

- so, "our" current load order will look like this:

[X] Fallout3.esm

[X] ThePitt.esm

[X] Anchorage.esm

[X] BrokenSteel.esm

[X] CALIBR.esm

[X] FOOK.esm

[X] SS Weapon Effects.esm

[X] VATSFixOff.esp

[X] RemapWaterType.esp

[X] SS Weapon Effects.esp

[X] FOOK.esp

[X] FOOK - The Pitt.esp

[X] FOOK - Anchorage.esp

[X] FOOK - FOOK - Fawkes Quickfix.esp

[X] FOOK - SS Weapon Effects.esp

[X] FOOK - SS Weapon Effects DLC.esp

- i've put FOOK - weap effects after Fawkes quickfix, but it's not necessary now, because Fawkes quickfix has nothing to do with altering weapons effects. But, as you will see in next addition, there are other mods altering weapons (like FWE), which will be added after FOOK, but not after FOOK - weap effects (if you want to keep them)

04.3 - FWE

- after we managed to get FOOK working, let's try to add another "big" mod and make them both work together. Similar to FOOK, FWE (or Fallout - Wanderers Edition) is mainly a compilation of plenty mods, with focus to alter the whole gameplay, to give player more realistic and extended experience while playing this great game. From my point of view, i can't imagine playing vanilla version, after tasting this two mods :) For me, both (and some others) are essential. Actually, they made me to play FO3 again, after about 4 months pause...

- now, we reached other "big milestone" on our way to understand, how FO3 and mods especially wok - we are about to talk about cross-mod compatibility (we have touched it a bit in previous part of guide). Since begining of creating mods, the guys responsible for making many of beloved FO3 additions made a huge leap forward, in the way of making mods inter-compatible. The most important outcome is called FOIP, or Fallout Interoperability Program. Basically, it's a pack of mods, that "makes (big) mods compatible with other (big) ones". It's a MUST HAVE, if you want to use "big" mods like FOOK of FWE together...

Mostly, after updating "big" mods, FOIP gets updated too... You will find it HERE.

Latest (4.1a) version of FWE is to be found HERE.

* 31.5.09 UPDATE - New version (5.0) of FWE available. In this guide though, i still use ver.4.1a, because of lack of FOIP compatibility patches. According to Peekaboom (author of FWE), there will be FOIP patches available after FOOK 2.0 release....

* 2.6.09 UPDATE - FOIP patches for 5.0 FWE available. However, they are 5.0 only, so please install only FWE 5.0 from now...

* 4.6.09 UPDATE - Another version, FWE - Mater Release 1, is out... In it's archive, compatibility patches for MMM and WMK are included, but not for FOOK; the patches will be made after FOOK 2.0 release. The second importat thing is, it's not compatible with old savegames. So, install FWE-MR1 ONLY if you want to start new game eithout FOOK.

* For BS users, download "Broken Steel Quest Fix" package from FWE, and overwrite original quest esm file (version 4.1a only) - not needed anymore with 5.0

- Installation of FWE is quite straightforward. The archive contains a lot of numbered esp files, as well as one master esm file. According the rules, put esm before all esp's in your load order. From FOIP description/readme, we know that all FWE esp files should be loaded AFTER FOOK (with an exception; FOOK - SS Weapon Effects compatibility patches MUST stay last, cause FWE and FWE-FOOK compatibility patch alters same weaps, and we don't want to lose the nice death effects...) . So let's do it. Don't forget to use esp from "Broken Steel Quest Fix" file (download at FWE page), if you want to play BS.

- Additionally, FWE uses lots of "optional" esp files to alter its behavior. You will see they are numbered too. Just load them after the FWE main ones.

- Download "FOIP - Fallout Wanderes Edition Package" from FOIP page. There, you will find two esp files. Since we want make FOW "FOOK compatible", we will need ONLY "FWE Compatibility - FOOK.esp" one. Keep the basic rule of putting compatibility patch AFTER the mods that are to be made compatible with it.

- updated load order will be like this (this is for FWE 5.0 release, i will remade the list after FOOK 2.0):

[X] Fallout3.esm

[X] ThePitt.esm

[X] Anchorage.esm

[X] BrokenSteel.esm

[X] CALIBR.esm

[X] FOOK.esm

[X] FWE_FO3_Wanderers_Edition.esm

[X] VATSFixOff.esp

[X] RemapWaterType.esp

[X] FOOK.esp

[X] FOOK - The Pitt.esp

[X] FOOK - Anchorage.esp

[X] FWE_00_QUEST.esp

[X] FWE_01_COMBAT.esp

[X] FWE_02_COMBAT_II.esp

[X] FWE_03_CHARACTER.esp

[X] FWE_04_CHARACTER_II.esp

[X] FWE_05_ITEMLOOT.esp

[X] FWE_05_ITEMLOOT_II.esp

[X] FWE_05_ITEMLOOT_III.esp

[X] FWE_07_IMMERSION.esp

[X] FWE_06_SPAWNS.esp

[X] FWE_08_FEATURES.esp

[X] FWE Compatibility - FOOK.esp

- so, there you are! Run the game to try lots of new features :) Enjoy!

04.4 - WMK

- Weapon Mod Kits - another grat mod, which will add some new experience ingame. Whou wouldn't like to add some precise scope or fine silencer to weapons, right? One step more to greater diversibility, and more realistic gameplay...

Take last version (1.1.5) of wonderfull WMK HERE.

And, cause we want to use it with other mods, check FOIP for WMK compatibility package. We will need it too...

- Installation is quite simple. Just do everything the standard way. Don't forget to download "WMK AA-12 Combat Shotgun replacer", you will definitely like it. Cause we are using both FOOK and FWE mods, from "FOIP - Weapon Mod Kits package", we will need only "WeaponModKits - FOOK + FWE.esp" (and "WMKAA12Shotgun - FOOK.esp", if you decide to use this replacer...)

* 2.6.09 UPDATE - With 5.0 version of FWE, new FOIP patches are available... please add both "WeaponModKits - FOOK + FWE.esp" and "WeaponModKits - FOOK.esp" files, to keep FOOK added new weapons upgradeable with WMK...

- after installation of WMK and FOIP package, loading order should change this way:

[X] Fallout3.esm

[X] ThePitt.esm

[X] Anchorage.esm

[X] BrokenSteel.esm

[X] CALIBR.esm

[X] FOOK.esm

[X] [FWE_FO3_Wanderers_Edition.esm

[X] VATSFixOff.esp

[X] RemapWaterType.esp

[X] FOOK.esp

[X] FOOK - The Pitt.esp

[X] FOOK - Anchorage.esp

[X] FWE_00_QUEST.esp

[X] FWE_01_COMBAT.esp

[X] [FWE_02_COMBAT_II.esp

[X] FWE_03_CHARACTER.esp

[X] FWE_05_ITEMLOOT.esp

[X] FWE_07_IMMERSION.esp

[X] FWE_06_SPAWNS.esp

[X] FWE_08_FEATURES.esp

[X] WeaponModKits.esp

[X] WeaponModKits - FOOK + FWE.esp

[X] WeaponModKits - FOOK.esp

[X] WMKAA12Shotgun.esp

[X] WMKAA12Shotgun - FOOK.esp

- keep SS weaps effects compatibility patches last again

- let's rush to wasteland, to hunt down raiders for mod kits :D

04.4 - MMM

- With Mart's Mutant Mod, you get a bunch of new features - new enemies, much more variety of enemies, more dangerous wasteland and many many more things you maybe even never imagine to see ingame... The gaming experience raises geometrically! The mod (or pack of mods) has many varies - you can change many of the features yourself to fit you best (either by using different .esp files, or by editing it's constants; more in readme). To enjoy all it's features, you will need the following:

Latest (RC2) release of MMM...

MMM compatibility package from FOIP (although the description states it's for FWE 4.1a, i'm succesfully using it with 5.0)

- As usual, installation is easy... After unpacking the main MMM package file (or using FOMOD), you will activate it's .esm files - there are plenty of them, to control MMM's features behavior, choose what do you like best. Don't forget about the .esm rule! From MMM - FOIP package, you will use only "Mart's Mutant Mod - FOOK + FWE.esp" and "Mart's Mutant Mod - Broken Steel.esp" files. Enable them both AFTER base .esp file.

- in following load order, i've enabled all core MMM files with some optional ones...

[X] Fallout3.esm

[X] ThePitt.esm

[X] Anchorage.esm

[X] BrokenSteel.esm

[X] CALIBR.esm

[X] FOOK.esm

[X] [FWE_FO3_Wanderers_Edition.esm

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod.esm

[X] VATSFixOff.esp

[X] RemapWaterType.esp

[X] FOOK.esp

[X] FOOK - The Pitt.esp

[X] FOOK - Anchorage.esp

[X] FWE_00_QUEST.esp

[X] FWE_01_COMBAT.esp

[X] [FWE_02_COMBAT_II.esp

[X] FWE_03_CHARACTER.esp

[X] FWE_05_ITEMLOOT.esp

[X] FWE_07_IMMERSION.esp

[X] FWE_06_SPAWNS.esp

[X] FWE_08_FEATURES.esp

[X] WeaponModKits.esp

[X] WeaponModKits - FOOK + FWE.esp

[X] WeaponModKits - FOOK.esp

[X] WMKAA12Shotgun.esp

[X] WMKAA12Shotgun - FOOK.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Broken Steel.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Hunting & Looting.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - FOOK + FWE.esp

* no time to color it properly now, i'll update it soon...

- To use all it's features properly, best practise is to go into some place free of any NPC, and wait four days (standard "respawn" time for FO3 zones). Then, you can finally meet things you never seen in wasteland before, raiders using even new mod-added weapons, supermutants with new friends, etc...

to be continued...

comments, additions, corrections welcome :D please post it HERE in separated thread, not into this one! Thanks

W.

I love this walk through but it doesnt help me completely

I dont have any of the DLC I only have the main game but i am still not aple to play with my added mods. I am not sure if its the load order or if some of the mods just dont go good togather. I dont see why they wouldnt tho. U have fook, mmm, and wmk all working togather. and i have heard rrvault and wasteland player working togather. but for some reason I cant get any to work without crashes or mods not working properly. I am sorry if I am asking noob question but i am not technically smart. I just want a working setup that will make my son happy and a game we can play. here is a list of the mods we are trying to use. Maybe u have advise on does and donts or order layout?

Fallout3.esm

FakePatch_v1.5.0.22c.ESM

CALIBR.esm

FOOK.esm

Mart's Mutant Mod.esm

CRAFT.esm

sc_lovers_resource.esm

sc_wasteland_pimp.esm

sc_saving_nova_dep.esm

Sharing and Caring Companions.esm

RRCompanionVault.esm

RR5MoreFemales.esm

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esp

VATSFixOff.esp

eye_hair_en2.esp

F3UmpaAnimation.esp

Traders inventories improved.esp

No Blur Effect.esp

RRFOOK.esp

RRGuards.esp

RRWastelandPosters.esp

RRVaultNukaMachineFix.esp

RRVaultPlayersBridge.esp

RRFemales.esp

RRUmpaDance.esp

CALIBR Ammo Schematics - CRAFT.esp

10mmTacSMG.esp

ColtM4Carbines.esp

AsharasLightningItems.esp

NanoSystem.esp

Targeter.esp

FOOK.esp

FOOK - Free Play After MQ.esp

FOOK - Tougher Enemies.esp

FOOK Weapons - CRAFT.esp

AlternateStart.esp

PureWater-VeryClearNoRad-.esp

Level 1 Smallest More Color.esp

WorkiingToilets.esp

TakingOutTheTrash.esp

silverstandard.esp

GNR Fix.esp

MaxLevel100.esp

TL_Color.esp

BigTownRobotFix.esp

BetterHitSquads.esp

Improved Pristine Nuka-Cola Machine.esp

BobbleheadsFTW_Final.esp

BobbleheadsFTW.esp

Moira.esp

AfrosNukaCola.esp

UpgradedCaravanMerchants.esp

UpgradedCaravanMerchants_Immortal.esp

NAPA-Sneak.esp

Pure_Lust.esp

Dark_Temptress.esp

K2Clothes_ChainDomina02.esp

K2Clothes_BrownLeather03.esp

DIM TYPE3 conversions.esp

SexyMantisArmor.esp

sc_blackmailing_silver.esp

sc_cajoling_reilly.esp

sc_acquiring_mei.esp

sc_toying_with_angela.esp

sc_wp_captives.esp

sc_wp_arefu.esp

sc_wp_luring_lucy.esp

sc_saving_nova.esp

sc_wp_saving_nova_bridge.esp

WeaponModKits.esp

WeaponModKits - FOOK.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Increased Spawns.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Hunting & Looting.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - FOOK.esp

Works on "getting mods working..." put to pending state (although there were no updates lately...) due to new beth patch

*waiting for mods' updates, compatibility patches, maybe new fake and unofficial patch to be released*

...maybe i'll stop the fake way, and start a new one based on 1.6 patch (as seen from last reports, bugs with mods except the "racism" white bug were solved)

... i'll start new mods "pack" after all "main" mods will be marked as safe for 1.6 (either by mod updates, or via compatibility patches). also, i'm waiting eagerly for new FOOK release. with my new rig, i'll be able to add some more FOOKU texture updates too... i wanted to post another part of my guide about adding custom hair, which happened to be a bit hard process because of adding a lot of user made hair packs into one loading order, but with release of FACE, adding almost all custom hair and eyes should be easy - i'll add this mod into the new version as well.

good luck everyone :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've read your guide, and i'm going to try it soon. But before starting, there's a slight difference in my game that i don't have DLC's at all, just vanilla Fallout. Which steps from your guide must i avoid to ensure that the game will work?

PS: SSWE for FOOK file's missing from the nexus. Should i use the universal effects instead? Also, i can't find the esp file for Unofficial Fallout Patch, and am using the installet version. I just run the installer the way i would run a normal program.

I've followed your guide exactly as you've done but 2 things don't work, my DLC (O:A and The Pitt) and my game crashes every 10-15 minutes. :unsure:

It didn't crash before (when I was just on 1.0.0.5+Fake patch and unofficial patch) and my O:A worked then too.

Any advice?

EDIT: I've just played on a clean save with all mods disabled without any issues, so I'm gonna delete all the mods and try again. The Pitt and A:O still didn't work though.

Thank you so much for posting this amazing walkthrough, it makes my life so much more simple. However, I do have one question, apparently, somewhere along the way, my game lost a few textures, so far, I have only noticed it on the Rivet City Guards, I believe it is a misplaced texture/mesh for the FOOK Uzi. if someone could tell me or screenshoot me a picture of the proper placements for the UZI I would be most grateful. If perhaps its a problem with my load out, I will post my current load order.

Fallout3.esm
FakePatch_v1.5.0.22c.ESM
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
CALIBR.esm
FOOK.esm
CRAFT.esm
FWE_FO3_Wanderers_Edition.esm
Mart's Mutant Mod.esm
HairPack.esm
Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esp
Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - The Pitt.esp
Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Operation Anchorage.esp
VATSFixOff.esp
FOOK.esp
FOOK - Anchorage.esp
Stealthboy Recon Armor - CRAFT.esp
FOOK - The Pitt.esp
FOOK - Broken Steel.esp
FOOK - Point Lookout.esp
FOOK - Tougher Enemies.esp
FOOK - Strength Requirements for Miniguns, Gatlings, 20mm Flak.esp
FOOK - Additional Power Armor Training.esp
FOOK - Reduced Armor Boni.esp
FOOK - Free Play After MQ.esp
FOOK - Owned!.esp
FOOK - Fawkes Quickfix.esp
MyFOOK - The Pitt Ammo Press.esp
CALIBRxMerchant.esp
FWE_01_COMBAT.esp
FWE_02_COMBAT_II.esp
FWE_03_CHARACTER.esp
FWE_04_CHARACTER_II.esp
FWE_05_ITEMLOOT.esp
FWE_05_ITEMLOOT_II.esp
FWE_05_ITEMLOOT_III.esp
FWE_06_SPAWNS.esp
FWE_07_IMMERSION.esp
FWE_08_FEATURES.esp
FWE_00_QUEST.esp
FWE Compatibility - FOOK.esp
WeaponModKits.esp
WeaponModKits - FOOK + FWE.esp
WeaponModKits - FOOK.esp
WMKAA12Shotgun.esp
WMKAA12Shotgun - FOOK.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - FOOK + FWE.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Increased Spawns.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Increased Increased Spawns.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Feral Ghoul Rampage.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Hunting & Looting.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - No Corpse Flies.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Zones Respawn.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Anchorage.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC The Pitt.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Broken Steel.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Point Lookout.esp
CRAFT - Activation Perk.esp
TheOutbreak - WMS Vanilla Combo Pack - C24H.esp
UPP - Pack 1.esp
UPP - Original Perks.esp
UPP - Pack 2.esp
UPP  - Quest Perks.esp
UPP - Experience Perks.esp
UPP - Beverage Perks.esp
Existence2.0.esp
Bottle That Water.esp
Rivens_Eyescapes.esp
eyes_hairpack_en.esp
hair_add_npc.esp

Total active plugins: 75
Total plugins: 76

PS: I did follow the guide more or less 'to the letter', so most answers about my setup can be derived from that.

sorry guys, i had a vacation, and i'm still without FO3, both my gaming rigs are under hw update and reinstall procedure...

iman: skip the following...

[X] ThePitt.esm

[X] Anchorage.esm

[X] BrokenSteel.esm

[X] FOOK - The Pitt.esp

[X] FOOK - Anchorage.esp

i've included the weap effects, until they are available... or you can try the universal version, maybe it will affect FOOK weaps too (not tested by myself)

phatboy: strange... just before i left to vacation, i started to experience A LOT of errors while playing the pitt, the game crashed every couple of minutes - so i patched to 1.6, and it looked to be better, but soon the errors returned. and because the errors happened while playing another games too, i decided to reinstall (xp sp3 after about 16 months using...) - so i'm unable to help any other way now :(

mckye: pm

IMPORTANT INFO:

if you are following the guide, be awared of some files missing. meanwhile i have no time to check the links and find mirrors or substitutes :( consider installing 1.6 patch too, it will help you overcome the bsa loading problem (in 1.1), and probably it's quite safe with all major 1.5 bugs fixed. The load order will remain same with 1.6 so far, after geting my pc's working i will return to it, i'm planning to start the list from the beginning with 1.6 and new mods' releases (FOOK, FWE, ...etc?)

good luck

• 2 weeks later...

A new guide covering 1.6 would be awesome, since there are some steps that can be skipped now, right?¿

Also, does the guide mention Point Lookout stuff? Dunno if that content is safe to add..

Btw thanks for taking the time to do these guides man, much appreciated :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly I'm still crashing at lvl 21 and choosing my perk and hitting "done". It goes straight to desktop everytime.

I tried changing my load order to:

Project Beauty

Add your own hairstyle

Fallout3.esm

FakePatch_v1.4.0.22c.ESM

ThePitt.esm

BrokenSteel.esm

Unofficial Patch.esp

Unofficial Patch The Pitt.esp

WMK.esp

UWWUT - WMK Addon.esp

UWWUT.esp

UWWUT The Pitt.esp

UWWUT Broken Steel.esp

KikaiEquiptment.esp

Mysteriouswoman_outfitonly.esp

Tailor Maid.esp

Tailor Maid Brokensteel.esp

Tailor Maid PITT.esp

Tailor Maid Black Retex.esp

NAPA.esp

LessGibsBloodyMess.esp (Tried it toggled off, still crashed)

Increased Weapon Durability50.esp

Fellout-SOTD.esp

Fellout-pipboylight.esp

Fellout-BrokenSteel.esp

I tried toggling on and off ALOT of the mods and STILL crash to desktop everytime. What's going on here? Guide isn't getting me anywhere.