UPK Utils

wghost81

PatcherGUI is ready and uploaded to UPKUtils here and on github.

I'm not an expert on GUI applications, so there are many things I may have done wrong. :smile: I tested how it works and how it doesn't, and right now everything seems to be OK. At least, I'm able to install mods without breaking my game. :smile:

As its author are not the best programmer there is, program has several limitations (see readme and mod example files).

You may test it with existing ToolBoks custom mod. And may test new features with your own mods. :smile:

GUI is written on wxWidgets, as I use this library in my work (and because I don't know a thing about windows API :smile: ). I linked all the libs statically, but if I missed something and program will not run please, report here.

wxWidgets means one could theoretically compile this (along with other utils which are plain C++) for mac. :smile:

For more info on PatcherGUI see readme included in the archive.

Edited by wghost81

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated sources/release.

When installing mod, PatchUPK is now automatically generates uninstall script and writes it to your_mod_file_name.uninstall.txt. "Installing" .uninstall.txt "mod" will not generate another uninstall file, but will generate backup, if using with PatcherGUI (in case uninstallation fails).

PatcherGUI is now a user-friendly GUI mod installer with edit/backup/install/uninstall features. Try it for your own mods! :smile:

Wow. Seems, I made a first all version EU/EW compatible mod. :smile: Looks like this:

MOD_NAME=Default Camera Zoom Level
AUTHOR=wghost81 aka Wasteland Ghost
DESCRIPTION=Set default camera zoom level and decrease min zoom to still be able to zoom in closer

Version: 2.0

Compatible with XCOM Enemy Unknown versions:
 - All up to Patch 6

Compatible with XCOM Enemy Within versions:
 - Initial release (Changelist: 394142)
 - Patch 1 (Changelist: 398180)

UPK_FILE=XComGame.upk

FUNCTION=Default__XGCameraView

REL_OFFSET=240
FLOAT=1884.0         { Default__XGCameraView.m_fDistance, default value is 1256.0 }

REL_OFFSET=692
FLOAT=1884.0         { Default__XGCameraView.m_fDefaultDistance, default value is 1256.0 }

FUNCTION=XComPresentationLayer.ZoomCameraScroll

REL_OFFSET=187
FLOAT=0.5            { Default value is 1.0 }

REL_OFFSET=199
FLOAT=0.5            { Default value is 1.0 }

{ end of mod file }

Works with all my EU/EW versions. But it seems, I need to add auto exe patch feature for EU to disable hash checks. After this PatchUPK/PatcherGUI will be able to patch all EU/EW versions without need to "prepare" game for modding.

PS You may notice new "FLOAT" key. :smile: Well, after 1.0 release I started to re-write my mods for PatchUPK and soon realized, I need this to make mod files more compact, flexible and user-friendly. :smile: So I added "BYTE" and "FLOAT" keys. Have no need for "INT" key now, but will add it anyway as it may come in handy. :smile:

Wow. Seems, I made a first all version EU/EW compatible mod.

Congrats! Amazing work really :) Are those functions the same since the first XCOM EU release?

@wghost81: I've updated the ''Hex editing UPK files'' article with a new section Hex editing III: extending/replacing functions. Also added a reference to it to the Recent discoveries template, so it will get more attention. I primarily covered your 'modfile' description there, but let me know if i mangled anything (or just edit it directly).

You should probably also see if you want to update the Modding Tools description as well.

And congrats again. This is really going to be a boost to the community. And probably to the Unreal community as a whole, once they get word about it.

[Now for the endless: could you just tweak it a bit to allow ... requests.]

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

dubiousintent, thanks.

And probably to the Unreal community as a whole, once they get word about it.

I'm not sure I'm the first to discover this. I haven't read about this before, but I haven't searched for this either. The structure of upk and the logic behind reading its data suggested this. It's quite possible, some other peoples from other UE-based game communities already implemented the same method.

Are those functions the same since the first XCOM EU release?

Happily they are. :smile: