Every hair mod that I download and install wether through NMM or Manually show up bald in game. It really frustrates me to no end. I have gotten other mods to work like the alternate start mod, etc. but the hair mods only show up bald, like they cant load or something.

In short

The vanilla hairs show up, and it knows there are more hairs install just when I go to the custom ones they are all bald.

Is there a fix for this?

Maybe you don't have enough memory to load highrez hair mods. Try installing this:

ShowRaceMenu Precache Killer

or

DisableFaceGenCache from RaceMenu's optional files.

You'll need to have SKSE installed though for them to work. I personally use the 2nd one and it works great, also prevents crashing (both) when loading too many assets in the racemenu.

Edited by eSoDian

Maybe you don't have enough memory to load highrez hair mods. Try installing this:

ShowRaceMenu Precache Killer

or

DisableFaceGenCache from RaceMenu's optional files.

You'll need to have SKSE installed though for them to work. I personally use the 2nd one and it works great, also prevents crashing (both) when loading too many assets in the racemenu.

It didnt work and I installed the SKSE, and tried both of the racemenu fixes D:

Most hair mods use a sort of script similar to the one the Thieves Guild Hood and Guildmaster's Hood use.

If you have Dawnguard installed and are a Vampire Lord, try curing yourself and see how it goes, if this doesn't work I'd suggest taking this to the Comments Section of the mod; and see if it's a common glitch.

What makes you think hair mods use scripts? None of the mods come with such things, nor any of the headparts are linked to any, even TES5Edit says so unless it's lying.

@WatercolourChaos:

Have you tried on a new game to see if your problem persists? Double-check to see if the mods got installed correctly as well, you can check the contents of the archive and the location of the meshes/textures in your Data folder to see if they match.

Also be sure your Skyrim is up-to-date, most mods won't work as they should/or at all on older versions due to modifications on how CK saves the plugins.

But like it was said above, asking on the mod's page about your problem is also a good idea if you haven't, might be the fastest way for the author to see it and maybe help you fix it.

Edited by eSoDian

• 2 months later...

What makes you think hair mods use scripts? None of the mods come with such things, nor any of the headparts are linked to any, even TES5Edit says so unless it's lying.

Actually i once fixed a similar missing-Hair-problem with the RaceCompatibility All-in-One NMM installer on Nexus, but i didnt install it completely. I took the "GenericRaceController.pex" script, and replaced my own/old one. I had the issue where only 8 of 90+ possible Hairs showed up in the Racemenu, after replacing the script ive had them all back. Then i installed some additional Mods like Bleed, realistic force & physics, and deadly mutilations... i took care to not let em replace any of the scripts, but since in installed them all but 1 Hairstyle are missing for most (not all) of my Customraces. Specially the Final Fantasy Races are missing all of the Hairstyles. Uninstalling these new mods, and reinstalling ApachiiSkyHair aswell as the custom races didnt fix the problem.

Edited by Nebujin383

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

So I was also having this problem with multiple hair mods, but for this example I'll use KS Hairdo's.

I looked the game folders and saw that the Skyrim > Data > Meshes > KS Hairdo's folder had nothing in it. I downloaded KS Hairdo's manually, and merged the data folders.
After doing that all the hair was in game. I looked at the game files, and all the .nif files were there, when they previously were not.

So that's how I got it to work, and maybe someone smarter than me and use this information to solve the problem.

Edited by Jodhin

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...