Pip Boy switch terminal

SpartanISW108

So I'm creating a small mod that allows you to switch your pipboy at a whim through a terminal

I've got the model and everything set up and I'm using this script in the terminal entry

player.removeitem PipBoy 1 1
player.additem PipBoyAperture 1 1
player.equipitem PipBoyAperture 1 1

It switches correctly, apart from the fact the Pipboy menus etc don't show up

How would I rectify this?

Also the revert to default pipboy doesn't work, when I switch back the pipboy light shows as if it's on on the model even though it isn't, and I again, cannot use the Pipboy menus.

player.removeitem PipBoyAperture 1 1
player.additem PipBoy 1
player.equipitem PipBoy 1
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Since the Pipboy's a little bit more than just another piece of armour, it's got some additional scripting to it. Take a look at ResetPipboyManager.

Please note, I forgot to mention, this is on FO3, not New Vegas. As the games are very similar I didn't think it'd matter as a lot of things are handled very similarly.

I also just posted it on here as it's more frequented.

So I just add "ResetPipboyManager" at the end of those small scripts? and it'll work?

EDIT: Okay thank you. I got it to work now. Now I need help on setting up the terminal.

I basically want to make the new PipBoys available via schematics that then need to be taken to the terminal to be read then converted into an entry on the terminal to switch to that Pipboy

Edited by ilyasw

For having entries appear, you'll need to add conditions to them.

So basically, go to the terminal you want to set up, create the entry for the pipboy and then go to the Item Conditions box at the bottom. Right-click in the box and select "New". From there under Condition Function select GetItemCount (you can begin typing it with the menu selected to find it more easily). Now, underneath Function Parameters it should read "INVALID". Click this, and from the drop-down menu that appears select your schematic. Now, on the original menu that opened up after selecting "New" click on "OK", and that should be it. Rinse and repeat for the rest of your schematics and, if memory serves, the entries should appear when you access the terminal and you have the proper schematics on-hand.

For having entries appear, you'll need to add conditions to them.

So basically, go to the terminal you want to set up, create the entry for the pipboy and then go to the Item Conditions box at the bottom. Right-click in the box and select "New". From there under Condition Function select GetItemCount (you can begin typing it with the menu selected to find it more easily). Now, underneath Function Parameters it should read "INVALID". Click this, and from the drop-down menu that appears select your schematic. Now, on the original menu that opened up after selecting "New" click on "OK", and that should be it. Rinse and repeat for the rest of your schematics and, if memory serves, the entries should appear when you access the terminal and you have the proper schematics on-hand.

Will this remove the schematic from my inventory too?

EDIT: Also I want the inventory scanner to run on a menu button press so I don't get things taken from my inventory just on terminal open up.

Right now I have it set up so

Menu 1:

Option 1: Scan for schematics (unused as of yet, I want to be able to click this then have it search for schematics in my inventory then add them to their appropriate places on the Switch Pipboy menu)

Option 2: Open up the Switch Pipboy menus (opens up menu 2)

Option 3: Revert to Default |

Menu 2:

Option 1: Custom Pipboy 1

Option 2: Custom Pipboy 2

Option 3: Custom Pipboy 3

Option 4: Next Page (unused as of yet)

Option 5: Return to main menu (returns to menu 1, probably useless with the "back" button there by default)

Option 6: Back, put in by the game for having a submenu

Edited by ilyasw

No. I assume that you want to remove the schematic, but still have access to the pipoby after it's gone? If so, I'd do that like this:

Add this script to the terminal:

Scn PipboyTerminalScript

short bSchematic01

begin OnActivatePlayer

if Player.GetItemCount MySchematic01 == 1
        set MySchematicGlobal01 to 1
        Player.RemoveItem MySchematic01 1; (Here, you may want to add another "1" this will hide the message. I think it's probably a good idea if the player knows that their schematic disappeared, but it's up to you.)
    endif
end

You'll also need to change the condition slightly, add an entirely new one and add a global variable.

First, On the first condition, tick the box entitled "OR".

Next, on the main menu bar of the GECK, look for Gameplay. Once there, select "Globals..." right-click under Editor ID and select "New". In the box that appears enter a suitable variable name. I've used "MySchematicGlobal01" in the script above, but you might want something more pertinent, like "ApertureSchematic" or something. When you're done click "OK".

For the new condition, add a new condition, however, this time underneath where it says Condition Function select GetGlobalValue and where it says "INVALID" set it to the global variable you just made. Also, make sure that underneath Comparison it has "==" and underneath Value it has "1".

No. I assume that you want to remove the schematic, but still have access to the pipoby after it's gone? If so, I'd do that like this:

Add this script to the terminal:

Scn PipboyTerminalScript

short bSchematic01

begin OnActivatePlayer

Player.RemoveItem MySchematic01 1; (Here, you may want to add another "1" this will hide the message. I think it's probably a good idea if the player knows that their schematic disappeared, but it's up to you.)
    endif
end

You'll also need to change the condition slightly, add an entirely new one and add a global variable.

First, On the first condition, tick the box entitled "OR".

Next, on the main menu bar of the GECK, look for Gameplay. Once there, select "Globals..." right-click under Editor ID and select "New". In the box that appears enter a suitable variable name. I've used "MySchematicGlobal01" in the script above, but you might want something more pertinent, like "ApertureSchematic" or something. When you're done click "OK".

For the new condition, add a new condition, however, this time underneath where it says Condition Function select GetGlobalValue and where it says "INVALID" set it to the global variable you just made. Also, make sure that underneath Comparison it has "==" and underneath Value it has "1".

I want to click the scan for schematic button on the first menu, then it will do some magic or whatever, and then remove any appropriate schematics from my inventory.

Would it be possible on the PipBoy change menus to have the names hidden until I've added them in with a schematic? Or does making these conditions do that automatically.

Sorry if I'm sounding a bit thick, I'm not the best with scripts or terminals

EDIT: Not sure if it'd help, or if you'd be able to see it, but here's a video which shows what I've got so far in terms of menu setup because my typed up version is not that clear

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=553792834703758&l=6799599366258366108

Edited by ilyasw

Sorry, I didn't see your edited post.

Anyway, Option 5 is indeed pointless, "Back" serves exactly the same purpose.

Would it be possible on the PipBoy change menus to have the names hidden until I've added them in with a schematic? Or does making these conditions do that automatically.

The conditions that I've suggested to you will hide the entries by default, until either the player has the item, or the global variable is set to one. If you want to have it remove the schematic when you scan for schematics, in the Item Result script of Option 1, include the lines:

Player.RemoveItem MySchematic01 1
endif

And do not add the script I included in my previous post to your terminal.

Obviously, you just need to change "MySchematic01" to whatever schematic you're checking for. If you have multiple, you'll need multiple ifs and RemoveItems. You'll also need to tick the Force Redraw box.

Edited by Jojash

So the globals are set onto the Pip-Boy switchers, and the script is applied to the scan for schematics option?

Then the scan for schematics will search your inventory for the appropriate item, then change the global, thus allowing the entry in the switch Pip-boy menus (I have like 3 pages, but that shouldn't matter as long as I've set up the globals to each appropriate entry) and then remove the schematic from your inventory so it can't be sold on?

Also another thing I have an issue with is the fact it's adding different Pip boys to your character, is that the simulation pod quests will be broken. I know I can add appropriate lines to their scripts adding "player.removeitem PipBoyModRef 1 1" after the "player.removeitem pipboy 1 1" but I do believe I have another mod that alters that quest. I've locked the terminal with a password, and I want this password to spawn when Anchorage and the tranquillity lane quests are done.

I've locked the terminal with a password, and I want this password to spawn when Anchorage and the tranquillity lane quests are done.

Are you not sure how to do this? Sorry, I'm a little confused since it sounds as though you've already set that up. If you haven't, take a look at the enable and disable functions.

So the globals are set onto the Pip-Boy switchers, and the script is applied to the scan for schematics option?

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. But if I do, then yes, they're used in the if statement that checks to see if you've got the correct schematic. The second condition box that I suggested you use.

Then the scan for schematics will search your inventory for the appropriate item, then change the global, thus allowing the entry in the switch Pip-boy menus (I have like 3 pages, but that shouldn't matter as long as I've set up the globals to each appropriate entry) and then remove the schematic from your inventory so it can't be sold on?

Yes.

Also another thing I have an issue with is the fact it's adding different Pip boys to your character

You could try using the SwapTexture function. There's not much documentation on it though and I'm not sure if it's exclusive to Fallout: New Vegas, or if it's in Fallout 3 too.