Ultimate Skyrim City Challenge

Thefreak123

I would seriously like someone to create a mod for three things to be implemented:

First, larger towns. Yes there are mods for this, but most just increase random NPC spawn rates and the NPCs just kinda walk around. I would like a population bump of NPCs that at least speak to the player, even if quests are not added. Nothing too fancy, even just following what guards say (talking about what has been going on in Skyrim / Emperor death, resurgence of dark brotherhood and thieves guild, etc.)

Better cities. Again, there are mods here, but most don't really add much. Looking for a mod that applies to each city (all nine holds, yes I know its a lot) and increases size, does some layout updates, maybe adds a few NPCs who matter. Again, no need to go over board, but enough to make it feel bigger. This has one exception, which is my final request. If possible, and you feel ever so proud of your ability, maybe even decrease the size of empty wasteland in Skyrim, add a city or two.

In my travels, between 100 smithing, Enchanting, and Speech, I have far more money than I need. So much so, that I am looking for something to do with it. While looking for something, I was walking around and came to Winterhold, right after buying every house add on in Whiterun, even with some mods that increased what I could buy and the price that came with it - which brings me to my final request. PLEASE, if the two above this are TOTALLY IGNORED, please create a mod that allows the Dragonborn to finance a rebuilding of Winterhold, in which the Dragonborn pays, and new buildings, walls, everything is brought in. If you feel particularly up to the challenge, make it immersive, altering the towns peoples dialogue to the Dragonborn, and possibly the College. Finally, for those over achievers out there (you know who you are...yes, you) - alter the speech of guards and people across Skyrim at least removing statements in regard to Winterhold having been destroyed and only a small town.

If possible, I would love to see ALL of these implemented, and as a final challenge to whoever takes on such a task, try to make each mod (the pop growth, each hold if not each city, and Winterhold Reconstruction) optional on download, making a checklist of selections when the mod is activated by the Mod Manager.

OK - I know that all of that brings up an incredibly tall order, and if know one picks it up, I understand. BUT I would greatly like to see such changes brought in, and for the rest of you who are not going to be making an such mod, or even try, at least post comments to keep this thread afloat until someone who will make it finds it. Helpful comments would include ideas, links to similar mods to study or implement in this mods creation, or questions / answers about the mod in general.

PLEASE POST LINKS TO ANY MODS CREATED TO FILL THIS CHALLENGE. When I find one i am satisfies with, I will post such in the thread.

Edited by Thefreak123

1) These 2 have tons of voiced NPC's. Having played with them for a bit I find them pretty well done.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8429/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36334/?

2) I've had a hard time myself finding something in a single pack, and when I do they usually aren't complete. Here's a few small ones that I know of. Though most only have more standard vanilla NPC speech.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=100947272

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=100934504

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/22821/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D22821&pUp=1

3) Sounds like a good idea, but should be a different mod in it's self. It more or less a larger project than the initial suggestions. There is a mod called Helgen reborn that allows you to do that with Helgen though.

You are right, that is a tall order, and you seem really passionate about it. Maybe you should take a stab at it? The only reason I say this is because you seem to really want it to happen, and unfortunately, big mod requests like these rarely happen. Good luck.

You are right, to an extent I am very passionate about it (especially the Winterhold reconstruction) - that said, after spending the last week looking up tutorials and reading wiki's and the like, i have only been able to do some small touch up's in regard to perks, items, and a small number of values. I am woefully unequipped to work with this, at least right now, and that is why I have resorted to reaching out to the community. Should I make any progress, however, I will post here.

Also, you are right, I am hesitant with my hope of someone doing the full Challenge.

Helgen Reborn is one of the best mods I have downloaded so far for Skyrim, and anyone looking for a mod that does the described for my third criteria should give it a try.

As for the other mods suggested, i have used Solitude Docks District and Inconsequential NPCs both of which are good mods, but my game is beginning to cringe with each new mod installed. It would be great if someone were able to meet the Challenge, and work on it (if anyone is working on it, please post).

Edited by Thefreak123

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would be willing to do an outline and discussion of implementation style, but sadly despite still struggling through creation kit, I can't seem to become proficient with ti T_T

I also left out specificity to allow anyone interested in its creation their own way of doing it. So long as it meets what I listed, I don't really mind what they do. Beyond what my original request was, it would be up to them.