Fallout 4 fps issues

Purify111

Ok. So after doing some web search about this, this is a problem that isn't just limited to your card, or your manufacturer. NVIdia cards have this problem too.

AMD and NVidia are both saying that the problem is the game launcher. (Or are they passing the buck?)

Purify, how are you starting up the game? Via Steam? Via the game launcher? Via F4se? Via a modmanager?

If you are using either of the first two mentions, try using the third mention and see if the game still acts up like this.

Slow down - don't go changing a bunch of stuff it just makes it harder to diagnose.

You already know other games run fine right? So that pretty much tells you the issue is with THIS game and THIS game only.......

The focus should be on the Launcher.

Step #01: Make sure you have the latest drivers for your Video Card.

Step #02: Make sure you know the resolution of your TV.

Step #03: Rerun the Launcher and make sure it has the exact resolution your monitor can support.

................ex. When I run the Launcher it defaults to 1366x768, even though I have a 1920x1080 monitor. I have to manually change that and if I don't that setting gets written into the INI files.....

Step #04: Choose the LOWEST settings. Why? You can always rerun the launcher and choose more aggressive settings later. The whole point of troubleshooting is to eliminate potential issues.

Step #05: Run the game. No mod manager, nothing.

If you still have the same issue it's something I couldn't and wouldn't fathom to try to diagnose without being in front of your system.

Slow down - don't go changing a bunch of stuff it just makes it harder to diagnose.

You already know other games run fine right? So that pretty much tells you the issue is with THIS game and THIS game only.......

The focus should be on the Launcher.

Step #01: Make sure you have the latest drivers for your Video Card.

Step #02: Make sure you know the resolution of your TV.

Step #03: Rerun the Launcher and make sure it has the exact resolution your monitor can support.

................ex. When I run the Launcher it defaults to 1366x768, even though I have a 1920x1080 monitor. I have to manually change that and if I don't that setting gets written into the INI files.....

Step #04: Choose the LOWEST settings. Why? You can always rerun the launcher and choose more aggressive settings later. The whole point of troubleshooting is to eliminate potential issues.

Step #05: Run the game. No mod manager, nothing.

If you still have the same issue it's something I couldn't and wouldn't fathom to try to diagnose without being in front of your system.

Here is the thing.. I didn't have any other games installed until very recently these days. I had only F4. In the beginning they worked fine but later on istarted noticing similar fps issues and drops with them also.. I have contacted the guys that build my rig. They replied me with a question about my monitor and and that's about it. But i will probably bring ithe PC to them next week and I will let you know what happens. The issue might not be from Fallout so I will let you know. I am sorry for troubleing you guys. When you get a new rig you don't expect it not to work properly. It's just not your fault. Soon as I have more info I will let you know. I again apologize for troubleing you. I appreciate your efforts and i thank you. I will let you know what's going on. Edited by Purify111

That says it all - if you had this rig built for you - take it to the guys that built it.

Like I said, without being in front of it - there are far, far, far too many variables to consider.

Added: Just out of curiosity - did this thing get "upgraded" after you got it from Windows 10 to 11 by any chance?

Edited by fraquar

• 1 month later...

Nope. Windows 10 Pro. All I did was activate it and install the Amd driver.. But now seems to work fine

That says it all - if you had this rig built for you - take it to the guys that built it.

Like I said, without being in front of it - there are far, far, far too many variables to consider.

Added: Just out of curiosity - did this thing get "upgraded" after you got it from Windows 10 to 11 by any chance?

Hello guys. I have an update.. It took a long time in the service but I got my PC back. And the explanation was Windows.. The re-installed it and now I don't have issues now.. I am. Very sorry for everything..

Good to hear it got solved. & ... Never apologize for a problem you did not create.