Does anyone else hate power armor?

edgeburner

I cant stand it! It's not only ugly, it is loud and the "clomp, clomp" walking sound is annoying to me. Then again, I love stealth and creeping.
I understand that it is a Fallout sort of tradition? I've only played Three, New Vegas and Four, but, never really used power armor to any extent in any one of those scenarios.
Your thoughts? love it or hate it?

I like the clunkiness of power armor in FO4, it feels almost like a vehicle in a way. I normally end up just collecting it though, I like to be sneaky and you can't really do that with the clunky armor.

Yep. I use it for the Raiders in Concorde, but, after that, I rarely do anything with it. Once I am high enough level, I start collecting the X-01 armor, I may even trick it out, but, being the sneaky sort that I am, Power Armor just doesn't work well. :D

I also use it Concord...only to kill the death claw, once I arrive at Sanctuary, i actually leave the fusion core in so I can order Jun Long into it. Feel sorry for that mug. He gets the mini-gun too. lol. That way I don't have to look at his eyes anymore...

Edited by edgeburner

Same here as above. I like 'm, but they don't fit my stealth mode. I do usually have several I keep upgraded and all, 2 at each of my 'major' settlements. 1 for myself and the other for a companion. Just in case I need 'm for a big battle/quest. I gave some to settlement guards as well.

...but ones engaged in combat or a quest, I'm not gonna run back to get it, unless traveling is a part of it (and even then I usually don't take the detour) so like for most people I think, its more a "collectors item".

The change in how they implemented PA as more of an overall external device... that makes a lot more sense to me. I mean, I'm sorry, I know that in earlier games, it was thought to include internal supports and stuff. But as somebody who has worn plate mail armor before, that additional internal frame would go a LOOOONG way in helping to keep that weight off the body, as well as keeping those massively heavy plates WHERE they are supposed to be, when moving around.

As for actually playing in PA. Not usually. I've done a few runthroughs where I have used it here and there. But for the norm... nah.

Too clunky. Too Slow. I don't like having the PA UI taking up space in my screen, I don't like having to repair it (where I don't have to in regular armor!), and I DO NOT LIKE how it REMOVES any bonuses that I'm getting from items that I'm wearing underneath.

Power Armor to me amounts to two things in the game:

1) It's a collectors gem. You build a Power Armor area where you collect every version of it you can find in the game.

2) It's a tool. Used to help move items from point A to point B by foot - as is the case in Survival mode with no fast travel.

When I've used it I've always been disappointed on how easy it is to damage and you constantly need to repair it. I mean if you just stand there a Bloodbug will make short work of you - when you'd think there is no way on the planet that bug could get to me.