Freezing/Stack Dump(?) Issue, PLS Help

silvercrown5150

For the past couple of weeks, I've been suffering from extensive freezing that persists through every new game I have regardless of how many mods I have enabled. I normally play with a load order exceeding 800 esps, but I never had any real issues until just recently. I created a separate profile on MO2, and disabled EVERYTHING, but still got framerate hiccups despite playing vanilla in 2k resolution with an RTX 3090, i7 9700k and 64GB of RAM . I went to look at the papyrus logs and sure enough there were stack dumps when I had my usual load order enabled... But quite a few of the scripts that popped up were associated with mods I never downloaded... Which is weird. But I digress. My biggest suspects in my uneducated opinion were PROTEUS and SPERG, but if either of them are the culprit, they seem to have left a little f*#@ you in the form of latent strings/scripts? (I don't really know how mods work, I'm just using buzzwords I have an inkling of understanding for)

I THINK it might have something to do with testing PROTEUS's switching characters feature, but I'm not going to bug the mod author about it since I don't know for sure. And regardless, my framerate freezing\stutter problem consists even with it uninstalled, so I'm at a loss... A framerate loss...

Does anyone have any solutions?

Also here's a link to my logs, with and without mods

https://mega.nz/folder/az5FSBwS#RSHrUlfPGY5-PPd8vpmiKg

I can say for certainty that you did not have any stack dumps in any of those papyrus logs. However, quite a few mod scripts seem to have some issues.

You can safely ignore any entry that says a plugin cannot be found with GetFormFromFile. This is an intended informational message to let one know that a particular mod is not present and that the affected script will not perform processing with records from that plugins.

You may want to re-install some of the affected mods and confirm their priority order is correct. It may be possible that when uninstalling no longer wanted mods that some shared files were included. This could lead to no file being present. I cannot say for certain, however.

I can say for certainty that you did not have any stack dumps in any of those papyrus logs. However, quite a few mod scripts seem to have some issues.

You can safely ignore any entry that says a plugin cannot be found with GetFormFromFile. This is an intended informational message to let one know that a particular mod is not present and that the affected script will not perform processing with records from that plugins.

You may want to re-install some of the affected mods and confirm their priority order is correct. It may be possible that when uninstalling no longer wanted mods that some shared files were included. This could lead to no file being present. I cannot say for certain, however.

Okay, I'll take a look through and see if reinstalling stuff helps at all.

Does the game still freeze when no mods are active / installed / deployed?

If yes, try verifying the game through Steam.

If no, make sure whatever mod manager you are using is applying the files to the correct location and that all mod files are for the version of the game that you are using.

In any event, you can always try making Skyrim "vanilla" again:

Simplified instructions:

https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/Guide:System_Setup_Guide#Reverting_to_Vanilla

More in depth but uses 32 bit Skyrim details - will work for 64 bit Skyrim with appropriate folder location changes

https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/Guide:Make_Skyrim_Vanilla_Again#:~:text=The%20best%20way%20of%20course,a%20previous%20version%20of%20Skyrim.

If freezing happens outside of the game as well, you may want to check for out of date drivers and / or hardware issues.

Does the game still freeze when no mods are active / installed / deployed?

If yes, try verifying the game through Steam.

If no, make sure whatever mod manager you are using is applying the files to the correct location and that all mod files are for the version of the game that you are using.

In any event, you can always try making Skyrim "vanilla" again:

Simplified instructions:

https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/Guide:System_Setup_Guide#Reverting_to_Vanilla

More in depth but uses 32 bit Skyrim details - will work for 64 bit Skyrim with appropriate folder location changes

https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/Guide:Make_Skyrim_Vanilla_Again#:~:text=The%20best%20way%20of%20course,a%20previous%20version%20of%20Skyrim.

If freezing happens outside of the game as well, you may want to check for out of date drivers and / or hardware issues.

In a purely vanilla Skyrim, I don’t notice any real issues. And I don’t know if the game version is the issue at play. Since the framerate dips randomly appeared when I was playing version 1.6.353. At the time the mods I most recently downloaded had no impact on the issue when I deactivated them and reloaded a save prior to their installation. A part of me believes that something got messed up when I was trying to use PROTEUS’s switch characters feature, but I am unsure since the framerate issue persists through multiple new games without PROTEUS installed. I also tried backtracking my download history but I can’t pinpoint a specific culprit (if there is one). Since then I updated everything to 1.6.640 to see if that would help but there was no change for better or worse.

Edit: Cut down my modlist to USSEP and Racemenu, no ENB. Still get framerate dips (though they are much smaller, they are still there)