Animal follower - No Dialogue.

Kvarforth96

From what I've read I still think this could be SEQ related. I'm still unable to make anything but a blank .seq file. TES5Edit still claims I "Don't need one". Never-the-less - Just reloaded the game after tinkering some more and now when I click the follower I don't get a dialogue tree but he does speak to me with Lydia's voice.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/114/139/tumblr_lgedv2Vtt21qf4x93o1_40020110725-22047-38imqt.jpg

I'm really hoping it's not a SEQ issue. That's so strange. It should be creating them. Have you tried googling the errors?

Yeah, can't find anything, Still looking, Is there anyway to create one manually?

I've got a fairly new mod downloaded that doesn't use a seq file, going to check the settings and scripts on it.

Edited by Kvarforth96

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone,

I hope may be this might help someone out there, but I've been working on my own Wolf Follower mod now for a lot of months trying to get her working the way I want her too and have been down this road with dialogue which was driving me crazy because I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get it to work, So here it is.

When creating dialogue for animals, well from what I have learned about it anyways, Go through and set up each command but only apply the condition of the race of the creature your using and make sure that you chose the right voice in both the race and your actor, they have to match, then in the dialogue when you chose a sound say for a wolf or dog you would simply type Dog for your search or wolf and a list of voices will be shown so you chose one the say ok, and go on to the next command only using your race as a condition.

Once done with all of your commands, and this is where I kept messing up, YOU HAVE TO CLOSE THE CK COMPLETELY......then restart it and finish applying any conditions. This step will allow the CK to generate the voice Files you need for your actor.

Final thing From here is to create your SEQ file and remember after it is generated to change the extension from a capital Spelling to lower case, I found that out too...

Also while you're doing your final conditions just take a peek back into your voice area and make sure that it generated sound file it should be a directory list. It should be clear enough to tell if it did or not cause the bottom box will be filled in.

So this is my minor attempt to help someone out maybe!!!

• 2 years later...

Hello everyone,

I hope may be this might help someone out there, but I've been working on my own Wolf Follower mod now for a lot of months trying to get her working the way I want her too and have been down this road with dialogue which was driving me crazy because I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get it to work, So here it is.

When creating dialogue for animals, well from what I have learned about it anyways, Go through and set up each command but only apply the condition of the race of the creature your using and make sure that you chose the right voice in both the race and your actor, they have to match, then in the dialogue when you chose a sound say for a wolf or dog you would simply type Dog for your search or wolf and a list of voices will be shown so you chose one the say ok, and go on to the next command only using your race as a condition.

Once done with all of your commands, and this is where I kept messing up, YOU HAVE TO CLOSE THE CK COMPLETELY......then restart it and finish applying any conditions. This step will allow the CK to generate the voice Files you need for your actor.

Final thing From here is to create your SEQ file and remember after it is generated to change the extension from a capital Spelling to lower case, I found that out too...

Also while you're doing your final conditions just take a peek back into your voice area and make sure that it generated sound file it should be a directory list. It should be clear enough to tell if it did or not cause the bottom box will be filled in.

So this is my minor attempt to help someone out maybe!!!

is someone still reading this thread..because i found the simple way to make animal follower..in the creation kit by changing the dog follower script to follower script...use automatic fills tip everything in there and voila the dialogue is out like crit are human without changing sound type