Addiction system (without or with configurable visual effects)

Exterus

Hi!

I've been playing around with a character that isn't a hero, a warrior or anything of the sort. He's basically a no-good vagrant who just keeps getting into trouble. It's pretty fun and I've even started doing a Let's Play of it.

I want this guy to be a boozer and maybe even a junkie, but the problem is that there are really no suitable mods for this purpose. There are plenty of mods that add nice visual effects and various stat changes when using drugs and alcohol and even one or two that implements an addiction. But those always come with different visual effects and screen filters, with lends itself badly to LP's and in general makes it difficult (and not in a challenging way, just a bothersome way) for me to play the game in this context. So, what I would like is an addiction system that affects the character but doesn't use any screen filter kind of effects. Or just implement an MCM option that allows you to turn screen effects on or off. I want the addiction to be reasonably realistic, so that it pushes you to constantly seek that next fix. Withdrawal should be crippling, but not so much that you can't function at all. It would also be nice if it was as lore-friendly as possible. Alcohol, skooma, redwater skooma, sleeping tree sap, etc.

I think this would add a fun and challenging new level to the game for certain types of characters and players.

Edited by Exterus