Should GECK take leave in a hospice?

MOLOTOVANZA

Hello everyone, I would like to ask you for help to do something as complicated as it is risky, and totally useless if done wrong.

What I'd like to do is just bypass the hard work when you want to add hundreds of custom haircuts you've gotten from mods to a custom race.

For those who haven't understood, I'm talking about the lack of function of GECK to add custom haircuts to races.

You can do this for customized eyes, just select them in bulk and add them to the race screen, in the appropriate box*:

[ExampleRace>Face Data->Eye Colors*].

But you can't with hair, many know it and I've seen many discussions about it, so many people had to stress to do this job, which should be simple and integrated in GECK!

Now a necessary question and finally my request for this topic.

Is there any GECK patch that adds the hair list, or the hair you download from mods, to the list on the left side of the GECK interface?

Precisely I mean:

[Actor Data->Head Part->Characters->Hair]

If it exists, I couldn't find it.

But if it doesn't exist there is a solution I think.

As far as I know the meshes and textures of the Vanilla hair are contained in the original files of the game. I believe in a BSA file but I don't know what file it is. Maybe you can tell me.

However what I suggest as a workaround is to unpack that BSA file, add all the custom hair meshes and textures we got from the mods, and finally reassemble that BSA file containing the Vanilla hair and the custom hair.

By doing so I assume that the custom hair is made available for any Vanilla or non-Vanilla breed, since for GECK those custom hairs are integrated into the file where the Vanilla hair is present.

Let me know what I should do to avoid errors. I'm guessing that's a five minute chore, a fraction of the time spent adding custom hair manually using GECK.

I hope this topic can help people avoid wasting hours going crazy with GECK because it doesn't have this feature.

Thank you