Temple of Meridia Redone

TyrionBean

Hi mod makers,

I'm wondering if this was ever done (I can't find it in search here or in Google): A redone Temple of Meridia.

After you get Dawnbreaker, the temple is still completely in ruins (ever been back?) At least it is in my game. And it stays in ruins. And yet, you're the avenger/knight/paladin of Meridia and she's supposed to redo her entire temple and clean it up.

But she never does.

I find this to be really strange and a completely left out part of the game, which is kind of sad in a way.

I'm wondering if any mod makers out there might want to fix it up. Make it a really nice temple and not a dark and cold series of tunnels with ugly iron walkways and the like. Perhaps after the quest, it could be redone over a few days or something and even make it a home, if one is so inclined as to RP a real paladin type. Perhaps with some separate apartments, stables and the like? The location is perfectly situated next to Solitude and would provide a great place to live. Maybe even have some pilgrims there inside the temple part, and a nice shrine etc...you could go wild and still remain in lore since it technically is Meridia redoing her temple and providing a place for you to base your operations.

Anyway, just a thought. I was wondering about this for a long time now, but I only just remembered to post it. I do hope that somebody remakes it entirely into a beautiful place to live with the necessary amenities, a fire to warm up, a kitchen - basically, another type of Hearthfire place but inside a temple dedicated to Meridia, whom you serve.

Thanks for any feedback. :)

TyrionBean.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My latest character just cleared out Kilkreath Temple yesterday and I was thinking the same thing. The light is shining through there from the beacon, but the temple has hardly returned to glory.

Maybe some priests and acolytes could move in and the place gets revamped and painted instead of being all dirty; get rid of the cobwebs etc?

Maybe it could be scripted to the number or hit points of Undead you slay with Dawnbreaker, so her fame and glory spreads as you destroy Undead in her name? Join the Dawnguard and kill even more. They are probably not so uptight about ALL Daedra being evil as the Vigilants are.

Maybe for every 500 hp of lesser Undead you put down, an acolyte appears and starts painting half a chamber per week or something? Then at 5000 hp, a priest turns up. At 10,000 another Priest and a High Priest? Up to a reasonable limit for a working temple.

Maybe they could sell Holy Water, garlic and silver weapons with suitable enchantments?

~.~

Thank you both for your comments.

I am surprised it hasn't already been done. It has been on my mind for a very long time, as I've done Dawnbreaker more times than I can count. And since I regularly pass near the temple on various quests, I always wondered about it and figured somebody had a mod out. When I finally searched for one this morning, I couldn't find anything about one and I was honestly a bit surprised since I figured I couldn't have been the only one to think about it. It seems so obvious for a good mod maker to make a mod which would do this as almost everyone I know gets Dawnbreaker at one point or another.

I do hope somebody takes up the idea and makes something good out of it. Plus the original temple was kind of evil looking and could be replaced entirely with something shining and new after the quest, methinks. Maybe with a built in follower or two of the paladin type.

This is tempting, but I just finished another mod that revamps a quest location and I really wanna get a break from modding and play the game for once, haha! I haven't been to the temple in this playthrough and I don't remember very well, but would it need to be the whole thing, the temple, the ruins and the catacombs? That may be a bit too much work :P

Edited by Jokerine

Sorry about the double post, but are you still interested in this, OP? I just came back from my business trip and had a LOT of downtime, so I threw around some ideas for a possible repair of the temple. If you still want it, I'll be happy to give it a shot :)

Hey Jokerine, sorry I didn't post a reply before as I had read the rules about not bumping your threads to the top, and I didn't want to be accused of doing that. :)

I would absolutely love it if you worked on it. That would be fantastic. I really do suggest you perhaps replace the entire dungeon with something else afterwards or the like, but I'd leave it up to you. I checked out your profile and you seem to have created a lot of mods, so you obviously know what you're doing. If you want me to test it, you can email me at tyrion ATTT gmail, and I'd happily test anything you send to me.

Thank you very much for the interest, by the way. :)

No problem. I noticed however that the areas to work with are rather big, and to be honest, I don't want to have to rebuild everything. I don't feel like I have the energy... So I think I may make some kind of mashup of the rooms to add the rooms I'll need. When I work with quest areas, I always make a duplicate cell and edit that one, so in this case I will try to make one big cell picking up parts here and there, and rename it to Kilkreath Temple. I will include doors to the original other two cells (the ruins and the catacombs) in case you may want to visit them, but I won't be rebuilding those.

Hope that's OK. I just came back from a three day trip, have barely slept, and I would love to make this mod but rebuilding the three areas is way too much work. Sorry if I'm not making much sense. If you don't like the idea of just one room, I apologize, and hope someone else can make what you'd like :)

Let me know what you think!

Oh that's exactly what I meant. I find the idea of catacombs for Meridia to be sort of...not very appealing anyway. Would Meridia have catacombs? I don't think so. What I was thinking is perhaps a bare bones redo of the catacombs but make a new building on the top of it with the statue, perhaps facing outwards to shine out, and have that as a main temple area, perhaps with some stables and such for horses and a blacksmith etc...like a temple/keep. Not only would it let you not have to redo all of the catacombs to make them nice (and I really don't see how you could make them look nice enough anyway....), but it would give you carte blanche on what to do on top. You wouldn't be beholden to the tunnels already in existence. Heck, you could even perhaps replace those in time with some sort of other structure complex like a grand trophy room or something.

I just think that the existing catacombs and tunnels do not justify a "light and goodness" type of paladin and goddess type of environment. So I agree with you completely. The top of the mountain where the statue is, that's what I'd focus on and build around. :)

Does that make sense?

I wasn't planning on changing the exterior, to be honest, as that's a lot of danger of compatibility issues and I'm just not that good at that. I just planned on working on an interior cell. I know I would be able to fit in a smith, some monks, and that kind of thing - I already started on those - but when it comes to the exterior, besides maybe cleaning it up a bit, I'm not very inclined to make big changes... I dunno, I guess I'll see. I will let you know once I have something functional and can send it over so you can tell me what you think :)