Temple of Meridia Redone

TyrionBean

Hello. :) This 'project' hasn't been forgotten. Just one last tricky problem that I need to get through before I upload a new version. :3

Meanwhile, here's one of the things in the coming update:

18551219-1471706593.jpg

Prismal Mirror - The distraction illusion spell I introduced in the first beta is no longer a ghost-like deer summon that can messily multiply itself like the Wispmothers, shatter, and leave too many candlelights on the ground. It now 'conjures' an illusory spirit of light which can potentially conjure an endless number of mirror images of itself (similar to Vyrmilion), and a minimal drain attack.

The idea to make use of the Candlelight static as some sort of wisp/fairy summon had been lingering in my head until I finally decided to do it while I was making my experimental 'A Curse of Stone and Light' mod (screenshot of the statues below).

18551219-1471512900.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see that you're still working on this! I am still unable to try it myself due to general life commitments and needing a new rig, but this is on my tracking list as I am keen to see where it goes. No rush, in your own time, but thank you for the contribution so far. Look forward to seeing this mod develop :). Great ideas by the way.

• 2 months later...

^ Always appreciated. :smile: I know we are few, but I keep at it in the name of fun, creativity, and giving back to the community. :3 My work on this has been slow, and I've released a couple of other mods in between the start of this 'project' and now. I really hope my work has been enough. xD

*ehem*

- ANNOUNCEMENT -
The Temple of Meridia Update is coming soon! :smile:
To those who installed the BETA, I recommend reverting to a previous mod version or making a clean save before installing the new update when it arrives - for the full experience. :3 It will still be playable otherwise, but the new spells/abilities added in the update cannot be acquired without console commands.
Don't expect a lot but it's been fun working on it and I hope you'll enjoy it too!
I did my best to keep it as interesting, 'immersive', and 'lore-friendly' as I can. It took me several months (of lazy modding) until I finally made the mod update worthy enough for release. My vision has always been to have Meridia's presence be felt more in Skyrim and/or to have the player feel like they are indeed the Champion of Meridia.
Coming in the update:
- several fixes, improvements, and additions to existing features, dialogue, and spells (*Dialogue lines are now approximately 400+ in total, unless the CK is lying to me. lol)
- a number of new spells and effects, including the ability to summon Equinox the Auroran to your location and teleport to his location
- a number of new characters to meet and love or hate or ignore (:3 *two are custom-voiced; three are generic; one is Draugr-voiced; and two are mute)
- a cleaned-up temple with beds and safe chests to use
- a new way to renounce the other Daedric quests
- a new 'Grim Reaper'-inspired enemy that will hunt you down (*He has more abilities in his own mod which I released a while ago. :3)
Credits in advance:
- badgremlin - 'moving wings' - for Nylhac and Yndikos
- wynxombii - 'Roughspun Tunic - Retexture' - for Seth the Acolyte
- NULL9 - 'Male Cleric Armor' - for Yndikos
- yymmdd2 - 'Conjure Meri-Dama and Meridia' - for 'Conjure Meridia's Beacon'
- wiikki - 'Lilith's Sickle - Custom Scythe' - for the Nightbringer
*Only certain assets of each mod are used.
I'm preparing myself for the really tiresome writing of an in-depth description + screenshots and, of course, the archiving of the mod asset files. xD I really hope it's not going to be as hard as I think it to be. But such is the way of modding, haha.
Lastly, if anyone still has things to report, ideas to give, or has interest in working on the mod in any way, feel free to communicate with me. I try to be as active as I can though I don't always have internet. lol
Thanks~
Edited by Caerulean

• 1 month later...