inventory ctd

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

SuckMyExhaust

SuckMyExhaust

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 3 posts

I contribute for search engine pilgrims who are looking for "ctd on inventory".

I had the same issue, but the CTD was random on opening inventory or merchants.

I just pushed SkuUI the higher I could in the mods load order.

I also installed SSME (for another issue, but it can't hurt).

It works like a charm now.

jtraider7239

jtraider7239

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Also deleting the inventorymenu.swf in your interface folder sometimes fixes inventory menus crashes. The game should regenerate this file for you, but back it up just in case before deleting it.

This solution just worked for me. I was updating my mods, including skyui, and i experienced ctd on using inventory.

I deleted all skyui files, but it didn't work. I then deleted inventorymenu.swf and that fixed it.

Where are you finding this file? I looked in the Interface folder and it isn't there

BlackBoxDemon

BlackBoxDemon

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Also deleting the inventorymenu.swf in your interface folder sometimes fixes inventory menus crashes. The game should regenerate this file for you, but back it up just in case before deleting it.

This solution just worked for me. I was updating my mods, including skyui, and i experienced ctd on using inventory.

I deleted all skyui files, but it didn't work. I then deleted inventorymenu.swf and that fixed it.

Where are you finding this file? I looked in the Interface folder and it isn't there

the file is found in skyrim/data/interface ... but I rename the file and it didn't help and the game also didn't replace it with a new one. Might be that there is a seond file at a different location ?

Btw, I can "play" the game just fine (some mods won't work of course without skyui) as long as skyUI is not installed. So I guess the bug is in corrupted files. Reinstalling skyui didn'T help though...

Edited by BlackBoxDemon, 25 July 2018 - 02:58 PM.

BlackBoxDemon

BlackBoxDemon

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

If you're using the Safety Load SKSE plugin, you'll want to open SafetyLoad.ini (in Data/SKSE/Plugins). There should be a line labeled

EnableOnlyLoading = false

Replace that with:

EnableOnlyLoading = true

That stops Safety Load from causing menu crashes.

File not there, does it make sense to create it and put that line into it?

BeatWing

BeatWing

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

i downloaded skyui, then it didnt work and crashed my game every time i opened any inventory i've gone through all my files and deleted all skyui files, that didnt work so i re installed skyrim and it still doesnt work

KierronKinley

KierronKinley

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I know this is an old thread but disabling smoking torches fixed this for me :D 

jspee1965

jspee1965

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,681 posts

I have the same problem! Where the heck is this inventorymenu.swf file? It's not in the interface folder...

666YaBoiBizzel666

666YaBoiBizzel666

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

There are two other fixes to inventory crashes that you could also try OP. If you ever had a version of Skyui prior to 3 (I think) installed and you never properly uninstalled it before upgrading to a new version you can experience inventory crashes. So you could look for those old skyui files and erase them or clean reinstall. Also deleting the inventorymenu.swf in your interface folder sometimes fixes inventory menus crashes. The game should regenerate this file for you, but back it up just in case before deleting it.

I don't have the inventorymenu.swf file. I checked the integrity with steam and it said 1 file restored but it wasn't this file. aAe there any other fixes(also skyui has always been the latest version for me as i started playing after the latest update)

Solowingpixy419

Solowingpixy419

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I know its an old post, but i had a similar issue that i believe was being caused by wearable lanterns. or was something it was conflicting with, either way, i no longer get menu crashes since turning it off. 

xXkiyuxmizoreXx

xXkiyuxmizoreXx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

If you're using the Safety Load SKSE plugin, you'll want to open SafetyLoad.ini (in Data/SKSE/Plugins). There should be a line labeled

EnableOnlyLoading = false

Replace that with:

EnableOnlyLoading = true

That stops Safety Load from causing menu crashes.

Thanks about 6 years later and this seems like it works

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: inventory, ctd

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.058 seconds