[Request/Commission] Based Christian Mod for Oblivion

KnightofDaWind

I apologize KnightofDaWind, what seemed 'tongue in cheek' at the time was in completely out of place. I have traveled and try to show an understanding for a number of beliefs.

I may have taken you too literally in thinking you wanted vanilla Oblivion, main quest and so on to be altered to suit christian beliefs, monotheism and so on. I feel that would be out of scope for a small development team.

If, on the other hand, a mod was based on a sect that sought to refute the TES demigods in favor of a christian one then yes, that is not only achievable but would be extremely interesting, philosophically.

Even then it would leave loose ends such as when Martin defeats Mehrunes Dagon as a dragon then turns into a stone dragon. From a christian perspective it is an angel/archangel pushing satan back to hell then God creating a symbolic statue at the site. As in CreatureMehrunesDagon is replaced by something symbolic of satan. The video of Martin as a dragon is replaced by the angel fighting satan which could be created using Unreal and look awesome.

All considered, I feel it would need to start out as a small story based on a christian sect then evolve over time to encompass related and/or conflicting issues. It would need your commitment to following it through as well as modellers, animators, voice actors and so on coming on board as required. I'd caution against adding executive roles. Given time and the right kind of input, I believe it could be an outstanding mod.

I am unable to commit to working with you directly on this. If, however, you get the ball rolling then I should be able to help out with some modelling. Say, a cathedral, chapels and so on. Please don't go on modelling in my mods. If you want to see my recent work then message me.

@glowplug

Maybe this could be made as another giuld/faction? Introducing this secret guild in middle of Oblivion crisis through letter and if you accept, this could lead to obtain powerfull healing spells like mass healing, new items, armor ...? To not break main quest, this guild could take the supportive rule only, but I have an idea of changed scenario of last battle if you rank in this guild to the top.

In this idea Martin changed to dragon battles with Mehrunes Dagon, but even with amulet he fails miserably. Seeing him standing at a brink of collapse and waiting to Dagon's final blow you rush to him preparing a healing spell to help him, at least a little. As you touch the poor dragon, the god seeing such bravery despite the consequences interferes - with blinding light you suddenly have the same height as Dagon, wearing armor and weapon not from Nirn world. Defending Martin you kick Dagon's ass there it belongs, saving the people and showing the power of true God same time. After victorious battle you will be changed back. Martin changes to human form again too, but with amulet broken and seeing the outcome of his own attempt, he resignes to be the emperor, as he believes he's not fit to take this role now.

Oh well, back to reality...

Edited by RomanR

@RomanR

While I agree with much of what you are saying, I feel that certain principles, across many branches of Christianity need to considered. Many Christians actively condemn magic as satanic holding that it opens the way for satanic possession.

What I am suggesting is a Christian guild that allocates angelic roles to Aedra and demonic roles to Daedra. With 7 Christian angels it would either have to allow 1 Angel to represent 2 Aedra or include an Archangel. Encompassing 17 Daedra using 7 demons from the Old Testament would require more work but can be done - too much information post here.

This is why I wrote that it would be interesting philosophically. The game gives us magical skills so God either needs to strike us dead for using them, Game Over or we have a divine purpose in using them. A significant number of NPCs use magic. Which ones should the mod strike dead as heretics and which preserve as divine beings?

As I wrote, achievable but quite an amount of time and input to make it a worthy mod.

• 2 weeks later...