SKSE installation not working. Am I missing something?

thechristophershow

I did search the forums for solutions to this problem, but I haven't found anyone with this problem.

I'm a noob to mods. Today I watched all of Gopher's videos for beginners and successfully followed each of his instructions for downloading all the various programs and mods he recommends, but when it comes to SKSE, it's just not working. I used his manual installation tactic first, and all the files were in the fight place and all that. But he said that when it is installed, the game should launch immediately and skip the small splashscreen menu. That doesn't happen. I then hit the ~ key to type in what he calls the "console area." I typed "GetSKSEVersion" exactly as he typed it, and it gave me the "this command isn't recognized" message, or something along those lines. So I uninstalled SKSE and went to go try again, this time using the new SKSE installer that everyone else seems to have had success with. I run through the installer and it creates a "Skyrim (SKSE)" icon on my Desktop and it puts the SKSE files in Steam>SteamApps>Common>Skyrim, just as it did in the manual installation. And it just had the same effect as Gopher's instructions.

Oh, also, NMM shows that SkyUI is installed.

Is there something else I can do? A file I need to make sure I have first? Anybody's help would be greatly appreciated. Keep in mind that if you need a log file or something, I don't remember how to do that, but I follow instructions easily.

Edited by thechristophershow