PC Gaming vs. Console Gaming

Dark0ne

Oh now, not all graphics are better on the comp than on a console. The comp's advantages are, MMORPG's IMO. MMORPG's and easier online play than consoles. Sure you can play online with your PS2, but you gotta get an internet connection, hook it up to your computer, then get this other thing for your PS2 and hook that up to the first red thing from the right and the other yellow thing behind the blue thing and whatever. The problem with computers.. well, my computer, is that it's to shitty to run most new games. Ok, my computer can barely handle EQ2, so sue me. The XBox however, doesn't need any new graphic cards or more RAM, then again you have to buy a new console every third year or so.

Not all the time, but when developers can be bothered, PC's can handle much better graphics than the consoles. I agree with you partly, in that Need for Speed: Underground 2's graphics were terrible. I'll bet EA has a sign in ever one of their offices saying "That'll do. Hurry up so we can make the public wait for the release while we do absolutely nothing."

Oh now, not all graphics are better on the comp than on a console. The comp's advantages are, MMORPG's IMO. MMORPG's and easier online play than consoles. Sure you can play online with your PS2, but you gotta get an internet connection, hook it up to your computer, then get this other thing for your PS2 and hook that up to the first red thing from the right and the other yellow thing behind the blue thing and whatever. The problem with computers.. well, my computer, is that it's to shitty to run most new games. Ok, my computer can barely handle EQ2, so sue me. The XBox however, doesn't need any new graphic cards or more RAM, then again you have to buy a new console every third year or so.

Not all the time, but when developers can be bothered, PC's can handle much better graphics than the consoles. I agree with you partly, in that Need for Speed: Underground 2's graphics were terrible. I'll bet EA has a sign in ever one of their offices saying "That'll do. Hurry up so we can make the public wait for the release while we do absolutely nothing."

I have to say i also like PC games although many older games had bad gaphics but look at the new games like Doom 3 and Half-life 2 they are great.

I think the PC is alot better for games like medal of honor and C&C and are also good for modding your games to get more out of them, but the consoles are better for every other type of game, like NFSU or MGS ect.

I think NFSU was grade F processed pig excrement. The next NFS game is going back to the classics, with cop chases, luxury sports cars (NFSU had Golf GTI's, the next NFS will have Ferraris, like the older ones), be the cop mode, etc.

I loved NFS: Hot Pursuit 2, and think it's great they're going back to the great games they used to make.

I loved the selection of exotic cars they had in the game. Not some import Japanese street racers. NFS Hot Pursuit 2 was easily the best in the series.

I'd have to say PC gaming because it give's you more options and not the same old stuff. Like morrowinds construction set gives you more play then the counsole.

• 1 month later...

Console gamer here, mainly for the fact my PC specs suck so would blow up if it even saw a copy of HL2. Its one of those awsome PCs with the 433Mhz processor :P

But then again I only use it for internet as well as alot of other things and not gaming.

I like consoles since you don't have to mess around installing games etc, really just is plug in and play. Plus some PC games get ported to consoles soon after anyway, while it dosen't happen often the other way round.

• 2 months later...
I'm totally agree with you, my pc's specs sucks too: Intel Celeron 500Mhz_128Mb Ram_8Mb shared video ram...do you really think this can run a good game? :P me not...so i prefer console gaming, in my case the ps2