The great SNES

CLB1110

The one true Mario Kart was the SNES version. My best friend had it when we were 9 and by the end of a summer we had B's engraved on our thumbs :smile:

I never played many other games apart from Yoshi's Island, which rocked, so i dont know what the SNES was like for other games. Might be worth getting a cheap one....

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone else find it amusing that the "greatest console ever" is so old? That in all those years of progress in gaming, we still haven't made a console that is clearly better?

Does anyone else find it amusing that the "greatest console ever" is so old? That in all those years of progress in gaming, we still haven't made a console that is clearly better?

Ill agree with you there Peregrine. If you ask me these days games are getting crappier and crappier. It seems like everyone in the gaming industry is only in it for the $ and not because of a love of games. Kind of sad :cry2:

Replying to Dark0ne all I have to say is the games DO make the console good. Games like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy III, and the Secret of Mana are what made the SNES the best system of all time.

You could always get a emulator. The best one for SNES is zsnes and I think you can find it at http://www.rom-world.com Some more popular games are really hard to find though...

I already have that emulator, but not many of the actual games (roms) to play on it.

I do think that the games make the console - would PC gaming be anywhere near as popular if all was made for it were awful C&C clones and bland FPS's? Of course not, and it's the same with consoles. Games that we have picked out are the best because they take the constraints of the console and work with them until you do not notice you are being contrained - in Super Mario Kart I didn't notice there were so few buttons because no more were needed. Great games do that, and they make a great console.

And I also agree with Peregrine that it is disappointing that there have been no modern consoles (or console games?) to match the SNES. Also, it is sad that Nintendo has slipped so badly in its console creation.

More and more people are getting into games, and most of them dont care about quality. All they care about is the newest sports game or the newest FPS. Sure gamers are getting more accepted in society, but the drop in the quality of games is horrible.

I think the problem is all the games made from movies and such. And it's allso popular to not publish the whole game at once, and instead sell lots of expansions... I dont say any name but I can tell that it starts with The... and ends with Sims...

Archived