Skyrim reboots PC - help

vaganond27

Hello,

I have a problem with skyrim. During playing skyrim my pc's getting reboots. Screen is getting dark, sound is fading and then reboot ;/ I tried evey thing to fix it but nothing helped. Last thing i tried was underclocking my graphic card to minimum and i was able to play for like 2h but when i left Whiterun to make quests and explore my pc started shutting down again...

here's my spec:
AMD Athlon 620 x4 2.4ghz

4gb ram 1333 OCZ

HD 6870 HIS 1gb Turbo X

PSU 550W Cheftec GPS AB-A

Win 8.1 64bit

earler i had w7 and still same

Things i tried:

Reinstalling game/windows, drivers, changing sound to 44.1, memTest, underclocking GPU, overclocking GPU, Overclocking CPU, updating bios, CoreParking, playing with/without mods

I think there was more "things" but i dont remember now.

I hope u will help me somehow solve this problem.

Thanks!

Most common cause of reboots are CPU/GPU overheating, it can be your PSU too.

First thing to do is to check temperatures of your system, I suggest using HWInfo64.

My Core2Duo overclocked works stable up to 64 C, my GPU Radeon HD5750 up to 80, these are the limit temperatures, the ideal for my setup should be CPU=50C and GPU=70. Note that my PC never rebooted without my order, at around 70 C for CPU I start getting errors and inconsistent results with stress test programs but rebooting not yet.

If theres too much dust in the fans and/or the thermal compound was not applied correctly no matter how much you underclock it will get hot anyway and eventually crash the system.

Edited by underskyzx

I cleaned my pc from dust so its not that for sure. I plugged rather correctly my gpu so it should be fine too. I remember that for the beginning when i started playing skyrim ( it was a little after release ) i was playing normally but after finished like 70% of game, skyrim started rebooting and i stopped playing. How to use this HWinfo64 to test temp's ??