Settlements linked with provisioners share the same inventory

virgoproxyy

So, I'd really like to actually be able to use the profits I make from vendors I've placed throughout the commonwealth but, there's no way I'm going to periodically tour all my settlements just to retrieve a few caps especially in survival mode. Thats where this idea comes in: any settlement(s) that are connected through provisioners share the same global inventory, that way you can just reach in any workbench at any settlement and retrieve all your caps. This would also be convenient for legendary armor and weapon storage, I tend to store my legendaries I have gotten while exploring in the nearest settlement workbench when I'm overencumbered, but I tend to forget I left it there and never really go back for it. I've looked for mods that do this but so far the closest I've seen are mods that make every workshop connected straight from the get-go which seems wayyyyy too overpowered to me, up until just recently I was using SKK workshop utilities' consolidate inventories feature sparingly when I felt it was fair as a compromise but then it started crashing me every time I tried to use it so now that's off the table.

Thanks for reading, hope someone is able to help me with this

Failing the inventory thing a non-raider equivalent of the Overboss tribute chest would be cool, the caps gather in a craftable safe.

yee id take that as a second option

that aside though i swear u are like the nexus equivalent of justin y lol. I see u everywhere, u even on commented on one of my mods

Not sure if Cloud storage can be done without invasive rework, not worth it i'd say, but whatever.

For Caps specifically, this can be just crafting recipe. Craft 90 Caps at cost of 100, because game takes banking fee. Unless fee is discarded, i see no way to prevent caps be taken from player inventory if Settlement network doesn't have cash, and this should be monitored by player then - after all, needs to do something himself.

ps. By the way, Companion grabs anything if commanded to, so there is no problem with losing most valuable stuff.

Edited by hereami

Cloud storage in a sense would be easy, because all you really have to do is make a craftable activator that opens a specific container in the world, then you can just make that activator in all your settlements. But that inherently can't be connected to the workshop.

Do you know if settlers can be told to place their caps in a specific container? or is it only the workshop itself?

I'd suggest Caps income is part of daily updates. Though i can't see anything relevant in WorkshopParentScript.

ps. Nah, that's WorkshopScript.DailyUpdateSurplusResources(). So that requires edit of a complex function inside a root script, not great.

Edited by hereami

On other side, yes, Workshops have linked containers, and will drop and take things from there. Might be redirected for all workshops into one, though still need script edits if want to control DailyUpdate items flow specifically, e.g. Caps only etc..

OR. Those hidden containers can possibly transfer items of interest into some hub. Indeed, this could do.

Edited by hereami

Honestly I think we could just use Reference Aliases with scripts. Throw an AddInventoryEventFilter(Caps001) in OnInit() on each Workshop to detect caps during OnItemAdded and move them to that shared container I talked about. That way we can avoid editing any vanilla items or scripts.

Sure, indeed. And those linked containers are used for drops when Workshop isn't a Container itself, somehow i've skipped that from view.

For some interest, might be an option to transfer into depositary or directly to Player, but if caps stay deposited, then grow, would be easier to control for a single container now.

hey so, all of this flies over my head since I really don't understand coding but, are yall just talking hypotheticals or r u thinking about making this? sorry if this message comes off as rude btw I just wasnt sure how to ask