Help getting model from oblivion to port to skyrim

Maverik7773

Alright, so here is what I, and it seems that only I, am trying to do: I think that the Frost Atronach from Oblivion looks WAAAAY cooler that the one in Skyrim, and would like it if I could get the model from Oblivion to replace the one in Skyrim. I own both games, so I have access to all the files that I need to complete this task, at least, I think I do, and I need some help to do so. I know how to unpack .bsa files and have gotten as far at to extract the Textures, Meshes, and Animations from the Skyrim .bsa files. I have also done my best to get the equivalent files from my Oblivion .bsa files, and now I am stuck. All of the animations in Skyrim are .hkx files, but all of the animation files from Oblivion are .kf files. I have gotten the two converters that everyone says to get, but I cannot get them to work as I cannot find instructions for .kf -> .hkx and I cannot seem to reverse the instructions properly. They also say that I need a "skeleton.hkx" file, and, while I was able to get one from Skyrim, I cannot find one from Oblivion. There is an "skeleton.nif" file in both and I have them both extracted, but there is not a .hkx for Oblivion. Not even a "skeleton.kf". If anyone agrees with me that the model was cooler in Oblivion and would like to help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Maverik7773

What you're doing is arguably "fair use" for you personally if you own both games, but it would be illegal for you distribute any Oblivion content for use in Skyrim. As a result, folks on this forum may also hesitate to give you pointers on this. Just something to be aware of, if you weren't already.