FrostyFix and DataPath Fix both not helping. I literally just want me and Solas to have nice hair!

Hello!

I am new to Nexus, and I only began modding a short time ago. I come from console gaming and finally have the Dragon Age trilogy on PC. Dragon Age Origins modded beautifully and easily for the most part, DA2 as well.

And then there was DA: I.

I bought the game through the EA Desktop (which I despise, but i digress). I did a lot of reading and research when I spent hours downloading mods and putting them in FrostyModManager as instructed only to find not one installed. I took to the forums here, tumblr, reddit, etc.

1. I downloaded FrostyFix first. The latest version the creator provides. It recognized the game, the mods, and all that, but it would never successfully launch the game. I would hit launch and it would start the EA desktop and then nothing at all. I tried clicking the launch button on the newly opened desktop. No mods.

2. I went into FrostyModManager and tried to change the Launch Options. The way I am checking to see if the mods are working is by going into the character creator to find the hair that I am hoping to use for my inquisitor (found here): https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonageinquisition/mods/2907 (Specifically the Nadia hair). The hair did not appear and there was no change to the character creator. I took out many of the initial mods I downloaded, as well as checked the description of each to make sure I didn't have to do anything special. I saw nothing that suggested the hair should not show up, but it is simply not there. I have tried over and over. I have no idea if other mods are working, as I don't have an inquisitor yet to test them.

3. I have tried booting through FrostyModManager, FrostyFix, the updated DataPath (not using FrostyFix). I have been trying over and over and I just want to scream at this point. I have been at this for nearly 12 hours and I CANNOT make it work. Is there something incompatible with the mods?

4. I also tried JUST the hair mod and the mods for Solas (Solas Retexture w/Scalp), thinking maybe the other mods were just screwing me up. The hair still didn't appear.

5. All of my settings are currently on ultra.

6. I have the Game of the Year edition, which includes all DLCs, so that should not be a problem.

I truly do not know what is going on but if i can't mod the game, I don't like it enough to play it through again. It was hard enough the first time for me to want to finish it. Someone please please help if you can. I can send you screenshots and videos captures. Whatever you want or need to see. I am going to screech in rage soon.

I attached an image of my Frosty Applied Mods.

Edited by blackqueensdragon

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...