Bahamut Lagoon!

CLB1110

Has anyone else played this game? It was for the Super Famicom and was only released in Japan. It was made by Squaresoft (now known as SquareEnix). Thanks to some teams this game was translated and you can play the english version on and emulator.

Oh, really? Sounds interesting. I think I heard of it before, but when I downloaded it it was all in japanese. I never found a translated version...

cool, I downloaded it but much like switch said I dont have much time in between school and Modding and such stuff liek that. I`ll check it out tommorrow im tired right now and...iam goinna log off and going to sleep

Finally got around to playing it today for 45 mins or so. Doesn't seem too bad. Though the graphics on the characters are annoyingly cartoony. The graphics in Chrono Trigger I liked, cartoony but not too much so.

Also, Bahamut Lagoon seems somewhat... corny to me. :P And the noise that's made when you find an item is so shrill it makes me jump. Just what is it meant to be anyway? A banshee getting shot?

The battle system was alright, but extremely confusing at first... took me about 5-10 minutes of trial and error to figure out how to move... ^^;

This is all just first impressions.

Wait until you get a ways into the game. It gets to be tons of fun. You can get some really cool dragons, but it depends on what you feed them. You can get some really powerful ones that can take out an entire enemy unit in one turn.

I haven't thought much of the storyline thus far, it seems basic and the dialogue is quite poor (lost something in the translation? :P).

But the battle system is surprisingly addictive... and I like the whole upgrading your dragons thing. Annihilating your enemies in poorly rendered 2D explosions is surprisingly satisfying. :D

Archived