Heavy Traffic ×

Fort Death - Player owned fort with unique capabilities

Ranokoa

=====News Bulliton=====

News Number 1: We are recruiting voice actors for male imperial voices!

News number 2: We are now recruiting experienced modders! Vew the forum website to sign up!

http://scrollstudio.com/forum/Forum-Fort-Death

<br>

Voice Actors: Certain quest NPC's are going to need voices. It wont be much at all but it will make all the difference. If you are interested in reading and recording a few lines of a male voice for an imperial (you don't need to sound like one but a reletively deepish voice with a good, nonstaticy mic is required) if interested PM me.

Recruitment: The website is underway but the forums are ready! Apply to join the Dev Team of the best player owned house / dungeon ever!

http://scrollstudio.com/forum/Forum-Fort-Death

Interior Designer of Forts (able to work well with forts)

Exterior Designer / World Decorator. (Cluttering a small island correctly. Flora, trees, rocks, and a small town settlement, etc)

Heightmap artist. (Needed for making of the small island.)

Weapons Modeler* (Not too complex)

Armor Modeler* (not too complex)

Voice Actor*

Reletively good scripter*

Quest Scripter*

you don't have to be an artisan to be accepted, we just don't need people who are a novice in any of these fields. Someone who can do a decent job without too many mistakes, gaps, or junkiness.

BETA Fort Death is out... has been for a while.

======================================================

1: Description and features

2: Reasons

3: Progress Report

What is Fort Death?

Fort Death is a small personal project i have been working on with the help of certain creative minds, and extensive help in both scripting and idea running from vicICE. It is a player owned fort, in a remote location, east of Bruma, and it has some unique capabilities, as well, unique content.

Features: Although there are only 2 new meshes that i can think of that are included in Fort Death, (Hel Borne Alchemist Sink, and Hel Borne filled bookcase) you will find that 'new' things are not needed when you polish the old.

---+Rooms:

The Living Quarters: Very nice, very spacious, middle/upper class decor, while still retaining the feel of a fort. The only thing different is the fort is clean, but then again if you moved into a fort wouldnt you want to keep your home clean of rubble? The living room includes several safe storage containers, some of which are suprising, an alchemists corner, several book cases, kitchen area, bedroom area, enchanting / spellmaking altars, guard dog with a small makeshift 'dog house', and plenty of flora bearing ingredients placed in unique, but fashionable ways.

The Vault: The vault is as it sounds. Although i did not go to extensive trouble to lock every section off by gates and levers and traps that make the player safe from persuers, what lies in the next room will make up for the very sufficiently. The vault has i believe more than 20 display cases, several chests, a couple unique aspects, and a nice storage facility meant for convinience over display. Lets not forget to include it has a portal to the next room...

Temporal Reconfiguration Chamber: Although roughly 3 or four rooms actually have this name, they are passages to the actual chamber itself.. Which.. unfortunetly for you, is not going to be told in full detail its intent and useage, as that would spoil the fun. Let us just say, that at the very end, where gravity has gone wrong, in a beautiful stormy sight, the flip of one lever destroys any worry about persuers, and ensures your safety... and quite a bit more..

The Dungeon: (updated June 18th) The dungeon is a LARGE expansive place that is meant as a prison for NPCs that the player themselves can imprison. Much like Carcernus Prison, as a matter of fact, although I would most likely have done this anyways without knowing about that mod, Carcernus Prison was used as a "what should be done" kind of referance. We did NOT take anything FROM the mod, we simply used some of the same concept ideas for this perticular, LARGE area, such as Imprisoning the NPCs, taking them to be tortured (Our torture chamber ACTUALLY IS a torture chamber), and such, but we have done SO MUCH MORE. We currently have roughly 128 individual prison cells for different NPCs. There is a lot more to the Dungeon than this, but we want that to be a suprise.

The Outside: The outside of the fort is very nice and roomy, on a flattened out top of a high peak mountain, decorated to enjoy, and heavily guarded by undead soldiers that will protect you, and never attack you. Although this is another nice little "safety" feature, it is by far not impenetrable.. that is why the Temporal Reconfiguration Chamber even exists..

Storyline: there is quite a lot of storyline involved in this mod, leaving those who love history, lore, and literature satisfied.

[collor=yellow] How far into completion am I?[/color]

(Updated June 18th)I have no idea. I started out fast, got a lot done, but then I keep getting new ideas. So it is hard to say. At this moment I would say that the BUILDINGS are roughly 70% done. However, 30% is a LOT because of the vast size of this mod! Funtionality i would say is.. 10% done.. which is still a LOT. Scripting i would say is almost 5% done. Overall i would say we are roughly half done.

Why am I mentioning this?

For this reason.

while there still is some things to be done, they can not be done now. Well, they could, but it wouldnt look good. I am waiting and being patient and slow about the last few percent to make sure everything is together, and that the mod is all that it can be..

WHILE i wait, i am opening up this thread, to all players, downloaders, critics, and modders for suggestions and requests.

I have more than enough time to add more stuff 'last second', as the last second is quite a few days/weeks. SO! I want you, after reading this and its updates, to tell me what YOU want in this mod. At first when (i think) i asked this, i was less specific about certain things, as well, i hadnt even begun the mod. Now that the mod has taken a completely new shape than i originally planned, and am glad it did, this opens up new possibilites.

What do YOU want in a player owned fort? What new secrets would you like to discover? What new rooms or features to already existing rooms? How would you like the exterior decorated? Nice an peaceful with hints of the name to the fort, or bad and evil, barren and dead? Any ideas for quests to acquire the fort? (we already have one, but it isnt decided upon)

Tell me your idea, as since i have time, i want to make sure that this mod is perfect for you!

I made the mod for ME, and no one else, however, since i got everything "I" wanted in there, and im still in the mood to continue modding, i am now opening up the very likely hood that what YOU want in there will also be included. Tell me your suggestions, and i'll either shoot them down like flies and give very nice and respectful answers as to why, or praise you in acceptance and say "So shall it be done!"

Progress Report

Since this mod is taking longer than expected, for those of you who wish to kind of 'catch up' on the progress being made, as well as a reminder for myself, here is a progress report, starting from yesterday, that will be continually edited and updated as the mod grows. Keep in mind that we will not elaborate on certain things mentioned here, as not to spoil certain aspects of the mod that are ment to be found out, not told.

June 7th

Moved Portal from the Vault into new Portal Room

Portal Room shaped to our desire.

Temporal Reconfiguration Chambers made functional.

Locations A B and C Shaped - Needs to be cleaned.

Earthquake successfully simulated at desired time and variables.

Slightly edited living quarters.

Fixed placement bugs in several locations and interiors.

June 8th

Temporal Reconfiguration Chambers 90% completed.

Location A B and C 85% completed -Still needs cleaning.

Portal Room now cluttered correctly, added portal and activators. Needs script functioning.

Dungeon interior started - Needs gates and traps set up, needs cluttering. 50% completed.

Dungeon shaped correctly.

Prison cells shaped.

Torture Chamber started - Not yet shaped 5% completed.

Cave interiors edited - 100% complete.

June 9th

Dungeon started and nearly finished - 80% complete Needs functionality.

Submerged dungeon complete - needs functionality

Torture chamber currently the focus for now.

Torture Chamber Shaped

Execution Chamber Shaped

Slightly edted dungeon and added more cells.

Converted ESP to an ESM

vicICE is not going to be able to help for 2 weeks as he needs to finish college, this mod will not be released until he can come back and make functions work. However, in the meen time, this mod will grow in size substancially.

June 14th

Dungeon: Reconfigured dungeon a bit. Devided prison cells into seperate interior for better performance.

Prison Blocks: There are now prison blocks A through K, 11 blocks, and 100 prison cells for your prisoners. The reason i say 11, is because the booby trapped cells take a load on performance when they go off, so i had to seperate them into 8 prison cells per prison block that contained traps, and added an extra prison block that had 10 cells to make up for the lost ones with traps. There are significantly less traps on Cell Block K.

Added a hallway that leads directly from the prison general holding area, to the cell blocks for easier access.

Edited the Body Pit (Body Dump) for better functionality

Slightly edited Torture Chamber and Execution Chamber.

General lighting changes everywhere, slight, but needed for realism.

Spent 3 or 4 hours today catching up and making up for lost time. Short list, A LOT of work.

June 14th continued

Moved the door to Submerged Prison Cells.

Renamed to Submerged Cell Block (A through D)

Each submerged cell block has 7 prison cells.

Added more beds to guards post.

Created Laboratory for alchemy, spellmaking / enchanting and other things.

June 15th

Playtesting anouncement!

June 18th

Sorry for the lack of updates recently.

Slight changes, nothing worth mentioning.

Updated version uploaded to vicICE awaiting his scripts for functionality

No further updates will be issued until he either says he can not complete

his scripts until later, in which I will continue modding myself, or until he

he done writing the needed scripts. May not have any updates tomarrow, but

also might.

June 19h

Minor changes, nothing worth mentioning yet.

June 20th

Several spells for imprisonment and the dungeon completed.

Much progress on Select Cell for Transfer activators have been accomplished.

60% of the intended completed things before playtesting release have been done SINCE we first announced we had to postpone the date.

June 21st

Deleted old Guards Quarters that were previously located INSIDE the dungeon interior first floor, this caused a great leep in performance as less loading was required and less cluttering was involved.

Made 2 different, duplicated interiors. New interiors ARE the guards quarters, doors are placed at previous guards quarters location. Increase in performance, plus doubled the amount of possible patrolling guards.

Spells are roughly 80% complete.

June 22nd

Slight spell editing.

June 23rd

Nothing got done today, too much IRL stuff.

November 23rd

Began standalone mod for testing of features for small miniquest essential to the storyline of Fort Death.

Announcement of returning to semo-active modding.

November 27th

Began making a Pantry room and began work on Armory optional plugin. Readjusted to working with forts after long break.

November 28th

Made pantry room.... a little too big but meh.

November 29th

Completed lighting in pantry room. Completed secret in pantry room. Functionality added.

November 30th

Pantry completed structure.

Submerged Cell Blocks, A, B, C and D fixed major issues.

Armory enterance started. Mini-unofficial quest to obtain armory started. Several secret enterances added for future work. Generally productive day.

Torture Chamber significantly fixed and now mostly functional.

Armory shell completed and slightly cluttered

Armory lighting finished

Armory given playtest functional scripts (no more details till release)

Feeding Room renamed Lions Den

Lions Den actually made and completed in structure

Semi-functional. Main purpose scripts not yet made.

Lighting and decor 80% finished in lions den.

Few other secrets added.

VERY productive day.

December 1st

Script testing

Armory adjusted

Lions den edits

Dimentional Rift Room torture tests

Minor global work.

December 2nd

Continued work from December 1st through the morning.

Ranokoas Testing World updated to test certain functions safetly. (individual testing mod)

December 3rd

Temporal Reconfiguration Chamber script function testing and debate

December 4th

continued from the 3rd.

Details:

All are estimations

Room Completion Status:

Living Quarters: 95% complete

Vault: 95% complete

Dungeon: 70-80% complete

Alchemy Room: 60% complete

Dungeon Cell Blocks: 80% complete

Torture Chamber: 40% complete

Execution Chamber: 85% complete

Training Grounds: 90% complete

Barracks A: 95% complete

Barracks B: 95% complete

Portal Room: 100% complete

Temporal Reconfiguration Chamber: 90% complete

Pantry: 5% complete

Armory: 5% complete

Temporary Holding Cells: 100% complete

Underwater Dungeon Cell Blocks: 50% complete

Personal Training Chamber: 0% complete

Acquisition Quest: 90% complete (100% functionality)

Exterior Fort Decor A: 100% complete

Exterior Fort Decor B: 95% complete

Exterior Fort Decor C: 90% complete

Not all rooms in the mod are going to be posted, even if they are complete, either due to relevance, renovation planning, spoiler prevention, or forgetfullness.

Will update rooms on status every now and then, as well as add more until we get them all marked down.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This mod seems different then Fort Fear, I take that it is?

Also this part doesn't make sence to me, quoted from consecutive parts of your post...

Tell me your idea, as since i have time, i want to make sure that this mod is perfect for you!

I made the mod for ME, and no one else

So, is it going to be released, or what?

-On the comment note, this mod sounds really good, and hopefully your answer to my second question is that you are uploading it.

-Best of luck on your mod! :thumbsup:

Hopefully today....It's almost done...

Haha he tries to evade criticism.. Like .. owk if you don't like it, don't bother me..

He mostly created it from his own mind, thereby mostly fitting for himself

but if you have some suggestions, he would like to add them if they are fitting...

Alright, I'll take that it is going to be released. I don't really have too many suggestions except put in an alchemy sorter and a set of apparati that are stationary (alchemic experiment). Those are the two of the main things I look for in a house mod.

Hmm.. i do not have an alchemy sorter in there as of yet, however.. But, i suppose i could put one in if i can somehow make room. Im not sure about it though, because the designated alchemy corner is not exactly 100% spacious. I mean, its not small, but i dont think it will fit an alchemy sorter. HOWEVER, if i can not put one in before release, i may put on in later as an updated version. But i will most definetly expand the alchemy thing, and will most definetly put in several containers for alchemic ingredients, but i don't want to fill up too much space, i at least want some 'wiggle room'.

As for the release date, it is hopefully later on today, after i take my nap. Which i intended to do an hour ago but i wanted to go visit the neighbors in honor of D-day day.

And no, this is not fort fear, it is seperate. I am making this perticular mod primarily to gain experience working with forts, as i have not really... ever worked with forts. But vicICE hit it right on the money on my meaning, i wanted to avoid critisism because i did make this to my likings, as it is a mod i intend to use myself. I made it for me, from my imagination, and then when i realized that it wouldnt be junk i decided to allow suggestions, as well, i decided i was going to upload it.

Not much got done, but quite a bit got decided on, which is for the most part 2% of the completion. Almost there, depending on vicICE and what time it is over there (probably REALLY late) it is doubtful we will finish today... actually depending on me as well cause i have to clean the house >_<