Fort Death - Player owned fort with unique capabilities

Ranokoa

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps an ancient trial/training grounds used by the fort before it slipped into disrepair countless years ago?

There could be a trial of combat(not just hack n slash though) intelligence etc, First trial is to find the Trial halls inside the fort, Hidden away via secret passage.

Maybe you complete a few trials and then the door at the end of the hall below the fort opens?

Hmm.. YOU ask for suggestions and get them right away... I feel so unloved :( lol.

I like both of those ideas, and i saw somewhere in the CS a bolder that falls so i might try and see if i can apply it here like you said. As for the ancient training grounds.. hmm.. I am not really sure how i would do this partly because you were a bit vague, BUT it sounds very interesting..

Please elaborate on that, tell me specifically what you want in there, how it should look, NPCs, challenges or challenge types, prize, all that jaz.

As for GETTING the fort, we pretty much have that figured out... or i do.. idk if i told vicICE but its short, sweet, to the point, but is by far not easy.

Wow, I really haven't looked on this part of the forums for a while, and now this is a hot topic! I remember in some other mods there was a training ground, where you would press a button to summon enemies and when defeated, you would get gold...Since it is an ANCIENT ground, the buttons could call rather unhappy spirits to the ground. This gives me an idea...perhaps the ghosts would drop something like "Ghostly Tokens"...You take the tokens over to an automatic vender-type machine and you exchange them for potions, scrolls, arrows, and unique weapons and armor...:P

Well i just spent an hour exausting myself by overdoing it with weight lifting, so im not exactly sure what you mean vicICE... but ya, it does sound good..

Hmm.. tokens and training grounds..

Well i do not know about 'tokens' as i want to be lore friendly as possible for this mod, but definetly something of that nature can be done. Maybe they drop a special type of ancient scrap metal from their armor or something. IDK. And then you can go over to a trader who makes material and swords out of them.

Well.. i suppose as another "optional plugin" we could do it exactly like tokens, but it will probably not be part of the main mod, you would have to download the other file in order to get it. For the most part, we are going to have quite a few optional plugins to go along with this mod, quite a few are also going to be less lore friendly, tht is why some are going to be optional.

But that idea can still be tweaked a bit for the main mod. HOWEVER as of right now, i want to just get the main focus done before we get sooo many ideas it turns into a full scale project instead of a 2 man job lol. Good idea though, i will look into it when i actually get what im doing done.. just keep running into "better ideas" on how to do it as well as other, off topic ideas that makes me leave one area half finished.

don't worry :).

I am too short in words when I try being secretive..

Using ectoplasm was required for something... right.......

nevermind....I got the idea of the dungeon in my mind.. Now I have to remember it for a week :D...

Indeed as Ranokoa said, it will have some spin-offs so special things can be added.

Like some OBSE features I haven't told Rankoa of yet... ( Now you know :D )