Is it possible to play a cutscene that takes place elsewhere?

Hey all.

Before I start to investigate and drive myself crazy, I was just wondering if it's possible to play a cutscene that involves another area to the one your currently in?

Similarly to how you get cutscenes when reading the Avernus' notes in Soldiers Peak, obviously however those cutscenes take place in the next room of the area...

I've got the cutscene linked up and playing, obviously because I havn't loaded the area in which it takes place the only things active are the characters while it plays, I knew this was going happen, and to be honest it's just for testing purposes as when I actually intend the cutscene to play the player will be in the area the cutscene actually takes place in... It's just a lot further into the game then I am currently at xD

If it's possible please let me know how but to be honest I actually have NO expectation of being able to do this, It would just make my testing life easier ^^

I think the game does that in a couple of places, doesn't it? Like when it shows you the scenes of Zevran being hired or the Warden's nightmare about the archdemon. They are likely pre-rendered, so would not rely on any character's currently equipped armor or anything.

I think the game does that in a couple of places, doesn't it? Like when it shows you the scenes of Zevran being hired or the Warden's nightmare about the archdemon. They are likely pre-rendered, so would not rely on any character's currently equipped armor or anything.

Yes, those 'cutscenes', and some others (like Bann Teagan's confrontation with Loghain in the Landsmeet chamber) are pre-rendered Bink 'movies'.

I suspect you could if the cutscene area was part of the same area list. The game loads all resources on a given area list together.

If this is the case, then it will be fine! I'm yet to test anything yet as I'm finishing up another part of the mod. Thanks for the advice!