Is it possible to "Set Global Time Multiplier" (sgtm) to be pe

Alpha5811

Hi everyone, I am trying to adjust the animation speed of everyithing, permanently. I know the difference between "set timescale to ..." and "sgtm ..." I want to, permanetly, change the Global Time Multiplier (sgtm) to 0.9; I don't want to type the command every time I start up the game. Is there anything I can do to permanetly change the default setting or have a script to activate the command, once the game is running? (Scripting? .ini settings? Creation Kit? anything?)

Thank you!

• 2 years later...

Well, it is... 3 years after you asked, I come with the solution - took me about a night to figure it out, after wasting another reading up the internet for a solution and browsing through Papyrus and ini docs, and it seems I am the first one, since I found similar questions, but no answers.

1. Scripting - not possible. Sgtm does not have an alternative in Papyrus according to its reference.

2. .ini - not possible - no setting for gtm.

3. Creation kit - that would be scripting too - so no.

4. Anything - yes - a crack to the .exe. Inside TESV.exe there is a function that gets called when sgtm is written in the console. This function's address is 00A4B150. And it gets called from a number of places. The one bothering me was the fact that it gets called when using a bow with a parameter 3f800000 (float 1), which has the same effect as "sgtm 1". This call is on address 00782C1F.

(Addresses are valid for my TESV.exe - might vary with different versions).

My fix is a binary patch to the exe substituting "6A 00 51 B9 D0 AD B4 01 C7 04 24 00 00 80 3F E8 2C 85 2C 00" with "90"-s (NOP).

What I used to find the place for the patch and fix it was OllyDbg, attaching to a running skyrim and debugging the code with a breakpoint on "sgtm". But now knowing the string above to look for, any Hex Editor can be used to do the replacement. Save a copy of the .exe before attempting this.

The result of this crack is that setting sgtm through the console does not get overwritten everytime you use your bow.

If somebody decides to try Olly on TESV - set TESV to run with your screen's resolution in windowed mode on a single monitor. Having a different resolution, full screen or multiple monitors causes crashes, or inability to switch to olly.

Edited by jimmytaker

• 5 years later...