Endorsement Issues

Justy311

I'm not entirely sure this is in the correct place, if not please feel free to move it to the correct forum or toss me a message and point me in the right direction. I did a quick browse and didn't seem to find a 'Nexus Technical' area, and I don't use the other games at the moment so Skyrim is the only one I'm 100% sure had the issue.

I've downloaded and used quite a few mods since I've come back to Skyrim. I've downloaded some manually and some through NMM. Most of the manual downloads were done during the NMM downtime and the site movement.

I usually try out a mod before I decide if I want to endorse it or not, and that usually means more then the 3 hour time limit that nexus seems to have installed, however, a lot of the mods I've been using I now feel like I should endorse but when I attempt to do so it gives me an error saying that I didn't download the mod or I haven't used it for 3 hours. I know for a fact I've done so, and it only seems to be happening with manual downloaded mods or mods downloaded with the previous mod manager version. Things I've downloaded since the release of 4.6 seem to work fine, but some of the other mods I've grown to love I cannot seem to endorse.

My first logical thought was to just re-download the mods I cannot endorse via NMM 4.6 and see if that fixes the problem, but I don't want to mess anything up or cause any issues/conflicts with the mods I currently have.

So, does anyone have any advice? Is this a common issue with the manual downloads and the merger? I'd be thankful for any help.

You can redownload mods with NMM without causing issue with your load order. Just wait till the mod is finished downloading, find it and delete it (unless it's an update and then you probably should install it and remove the previous version). NMM should store the download information even if it gets rid of the file allowing you to endorse properly.