Minecraft Crashes. Why?

LunisSpellweaver

I have a question for you guys:

Can you give specifications on why my Minecraft keeps crashing? It keeps coming up with an error on "Java Hotspot" with the sub-error "problematic framerate". What exactly does this mean? And how do I fix it? And it seems that the only way to fix it is to delete the .minecraft folder in Roaming. After a few plays, and it crashes again. Is it my Save?

EDIT: Also, my internet service sucks right now!

Edited by LunisSpellweaver

My system is relatively new. But I did look on the Minecraft Troubleshooter, and it said that Minecraft has problems when multiple versions of Java are present.

I looked in the Java Folder, and I found I have version 5 and version 6 on the Local Disk. My Step-dad says that it isn't an issue because it has always had two versions.

And I just checked again, and one folder says jre1.5.0_16, while the other has jre6. I am not tech savvy, so I have no clue what I'm doing.

Unless you're running one in a sandbox for the sake of testing beta versions or troubleshooting an application that doesn't work with the latest stable version of Java (in the case of some old business software which doesn't work on newer versions of Java), or are booting multiple operating systems, you should only have one version of Java installed.

Just because you had 2 versions installed before doesn't mean very much since it is easy for someone who already has Java to accidentally download and install a new version because some element on a webpage isn't loading and they don't want to bother troubleshooting. I would still double check before removing it though (see business software condition).

• 1 year later...

minecraft says haha suprise oh wow yay minecraft crashed. is the person who made f***ing minecraft in 2nd grade. THATS NOT FUNNY. Stab whoever made minecraft in his f***ing neck with a hatchet. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. what i little retard