PM's about "partnership programs"?

vurt

Does anyone else get these? Are they legit, can it even be used without violating something on the site (i'm guessing they want me to add some banner or whatever on my page?? Or maybe they believe i have a huge insta or youtube following - i don't.)

The last one was from NordVPN, and the email is at least legit (i checked which ones they use), i didn't reply to him yet.

Ok i heard back from NordVPN, it was a legit offer at least and not some phishing attempt or outright scam.

Can i put up a link to NordVPN on any of my pages, or is it prohibited if i also receieve Donation Points? I read through the terms of service but can't say i saw anything about it. I can certainly see how such things could be a problem, i mean let's say Nexus Mods has some competing VPN sponsor or similar.

We're discussing it amongst the team as it's a slippery slope issue in terms of UX. Mod pages plastered with sponsorship ads for VPNs and server providers is a crap experience for users, on top of the ads we already show, which is already a crap experience for users. It also has legal repercussions for us as we sign contracts with ad providers that state we won't offer any other form of advertising on the site that isn't through them.

I imagine if we allow it, and before we allow it, if we allow it, we're going to want to come up with some guidelines to prevent it snowballing into hell on earth for users.

Yeah, I don't think graphical banners would be advisable at all, that gets messy and yes, people pay to get rid of it.. Personally i would not mind text links, though i'd limit it to one per page.

While on the topic, would this be ok;

Putting up my own texture modders resource on Nexus, on this page linking to my purchasable texture pack which is the full package (let's say the full package is 600 textures, the mod is 200 free textures from said package) ?