Ok quick question? Do modders hate console players?

Because over the while Ive seen on the Beth. Mod catalog of many modders complaining we are the worst people out there.

I just want to be able to mod my game man. I appreciate modders but I feel like they are plastering me with a prejudice I dont deserve to be applied on to me and plenty of those like me deserve.

Because I feel like I am and other people on console who are gamers who love fallout and skyrim wrongly are being persecuted by the pc modding community for a thing done by a portion (but not the majority of the console gaming community for those two games) did by stealing mods and porting them without permission.

As well as us being persecuted because if Bethesdas lack of action on that issue. Do you pc modders really think thats what we are all like?

It causes me a great deal of frustration because I dont want to be held responsible or punished by the pc modding community for something I had 0 involvement with.

I am a person who watches mod showcases a lot and just wishes he could have those on his Xbox because Ill admit it Im poor as hell right now. With inflation itll be hell to buy myself a pc or even build one. Plus to even learn how to mod on it or install them i have to learn how they work or how to get them to work.

Maybe when things lighten up in the future Ill have time for this but right now I dont have the time nor the money. I have always been a big fan of the pc modding community and guess well I kindof got bitter towards it after a while because I had heard around from some people that the pc modding community said we on consoles didnt deserve them after what happened and that we didnt appreciate them. Well I can tell you I did.

I did a lot it always brought a smile to my face when I saw a new mod in the catalog I know Im not owed this stuff but I felt like well that situation got blown out of hand and well I just want to keep being able to play what you guys have to offer content wise.

I know that is console gamers dont nessicarily have the best reputation with you of modders on nexus all I ask is pleaseplease dont give up on us. Dont throw us all in the fire over what a couple from our community did.

Please keep making us content I beg you

personally i dont hate console players why should i the main issue for me and modding on console is myself being unable to test those files if they work properly and its just alot of extra effort and persoally i think bethesda site is pretty bad in general

i think its not because of the users, ive gotten plenty of requestions to port my content to console but i dont feel like its worth my time when i cant even troubleshoot my files in the worst case. that has nothing todo because i hate console playerys why should i. i would love my content to be accessable as possable but alone thinking of dealing with bethesda sites gives me nightmares

no, i don't thinks so. what makes you believe that ?

i'm a pc gamer and it is true that i was a long time not aware that modding is an "official" console feature.

so i assumed that nexusmods mods is mainly a domain for pc gamer. this seems to be not true. just some users made me aware that also console users use these forums and the nexusmods as their download base.

what i do not understand is why some people asked me in the past for permisson to offer my mods for a consoles-site.

maybe you can update my knowledge.

if i'm right a big difference is that console gamers can not use the script extender, one of the most important features and extensions for pc-bethesda -games-modding.

this extender is always a discussed point in update discussions because most bethesda updates destroy the function of this extender and by the way most setups of pc gamers relying on mods using this extender.

i see no reason for hate at all, just sometimes for severe misunderstandings due to different interests.

if i talk about modding i'm used to talk about pc-compatible mods including script extender usage. too many essential, bethesda related mods rely on that.

it is simple: we can not make content for a console if we do not own a console. we can only test mods for pc use and only if no update borks the function of the script extender we use in our pc setups due to an bethesda update.

if you want pc content someone with console knowledge probably asks a pc modder to be allowed to convert a pc mod. i normally give permission for that.

it is not a decision of the pc modder not to support console gamers, it is the free decision of the console user to buy a pc or in his case the console knowing well that his console is not fully pc mod compatible. and if the decision was not free as in your case patience and time will help.

For beth games, Beths site is the ONLY place console players can get mods. They are locked in there. Only way to use mods from here on console, is to 'jailbreak' (for lack of a better term) the console. A practice which violates all manner of legal agreements the console owner agrees to.

Console players also cannot use ANY of the mod management tools common to PC players. So, no OMOD installers, no load order tools, no merged patches/bashed patches, etc. There are a lot of limitations on console modders, that make a significant percentage of mods hosted here unusable on console. Script extender falls into that category as well.

no, i don't thinks so. what makes you believe that ?

i'm a pc gamer and it is true that i was a long time not aware that modding is an "official" console feature.

so i assumed that nexusmods mods is mainly a domain for pc gamer. this seems to be not true. just some users made me aware that also console users use these forums and the nexusmods as their download base.

what i do not understand is why some people asked me in the past for permisson to offer my mods for a consoles-site.

maybe you can update my knowledge.

if i'm right a big difference is that console gamers can not use the script extender, one of the most important features and extensions for pc-bethesda -games-modding.

this extender is always a discussed point in update discussions because most bethesda updates destroy the function of this extender and by the way most setups of pc gamers relying on mods using this extender.

i see no reason for hate at all, just sometimes for severe misunderstandings due to different interests.

if i talk about modding i'm used to talk about pc-compatible mods including script extender usage. too many essential, bethesda related mods rely on that.

it is simple: we can not make content for a console if we do not own a console. we can only test mods for pc use and only if no update borks the function of the script extender we use in our pc setups due to an bethesda update.

if you want pc content someone with console knowledge probably asks a pc modder to be allowed to convert a pc mod. i normally give permission for that.

it is not a decision of the pc modder not to support console gamers, it is the free decision of the console user to buy a pc or in his case the console knowing well that his console is not fully pc mod compatible. and if the decision was not free as in your case patience and time will help.

What makes me think that is people like HeyYou blaming everyone who owns a console and plays fallout and skyrim as responsible for mod theft. Uses blanket statements saying that all console gamers are all bad peoples and says the majority of us condoned the mod theft other parts of the console gaming community committed and hates us solely based on what a portion (and not the majority of our community ) did.

Its also people like him saying people like us console players dont deserve mods and that we should be abandoned by Bethesdas modding community as a whole that make me think that pc modders hate our guts.

Its people like heyyou who fuel the toxicity and dissuade the very few modders who still release stuff for console players or decide to let others port it for other peoples use. That makes me think you guys hate us.

Its people like him that are so callous , uncaring , tribalistic, and rude. That makes me think this way and it frustrates me.

Its people like him who think all of us who are part of the playerbase for Bethesda games on consoles are noting but good for nothing mod theives based on a few individuals who did steal mods and a few of them that supported the mod theft as representative of us all.

Its also people like him saying people like us console players dont deserve mods and that we should be abandoned by Bethesdas modding community as a whole that make me think that pc modders hate our guts.

Its people like heyyou who fuel the toxicity and dissuade the very few modders who still release stuff for console players or decide to let others port it for other peoples use. That makes me think you guys hate us.

Its people like him that are so callous , uncaring , tribalistic, and rude. That makes me think this way and it frustrates me.

Its people like him who think all of us who are part of the playerbase for Bethesda games on consoles are noting but good for nothing mod theives based on a few individuals who did steal mods and a few of them that supported the mod theft as representative of us all.

I dont believe I am owed anything no but I sure as hell dont deserve people like heyyou stoking the flames of mistrust between both the nexus modding community of which also supplies my community with new content to the point those few modders that are willing to either port mods over to Beth.net themselves or allow others to do so for other people to enjoy said original mod creators content by and my own community by bad mouthing the entirety of my community and ignorantly assuming all of us are the same as those who were responsible for the rampant mod theft a while back.

I refuse to let all of my community be labeled this way and have them be victims of subterfuge aimed at denying console players the very few modders who do want to make content for us or at the very least allow their content to be available for use.

You should weed out malicious bad actors such as HeyYou out of your community because they make you seem as if every single person on here hates console players.

I am tired of all of us being held responsible for that controversy its not fair. Not to mention when I tried to politely bring this topic up and suggest that both the console community and the pc modding community join together to make a petition to Bethesda to both release restrictions on the mods allowed on their beth.net mod catalogue as well as retool the engine for easier integration of pc mods for console player use all people like HeyYou did was be sarcastic mocking assholes to me whilst playing the victims

Edited by xXAlScarfaceCaponeXx