Ok, so i spent a while trying to find a solution to this problem, but it seems that although people are struggling with this, they do not have the exact same problem i am having

What i think i should state as being important first.

1. Yes I have completed several citizen quests

2. Yes i have completed the quest line involving getting rid of the skooma dealers, including clearing out Cragslane Cave

3. I have been offered by the Jarl to become Thane of Riften

4. I have enough gold to buy the house

5. I have not done any of the Civil War quests

Here's what's going on:

The Jarl tells me that in order to become Thane I must have a permanent residence within the hold and that i can purchase a house from Anuriel

I go to Anuriel

Anuriel has the dialog option "I'd like to purchase a house in the city (8000 gold)"

I select that option

The only dialog option available is "On second thought, perhaps i'll wait a bit longer to decide"

So even though i have the money, have been given permission to buy the house, and the first part of the dialog is there, i can not buy the house.

I have played the game on the PS3 and had no trouble buying Honeyside, this is the first PC save where i have even attempted to purchase Honeyside

Things i have tried so far:

1. Uninstalling all mods (excpet for ones that would cause me to lose a significant amount of stuff on the save) and trying to buy the house, it stays the same

2. Some console commands i found online

3. Leaving and re-entering the building

Nothing i have tried has allowed me to purchase this house

Please help, i got this amazing looking mod to expand Honeyside and i really want to try it out (yes it is one of the ones i uninstalled when trying to fix things)

Edited by JadeElite326

I don't know how much money you have, but I had the exact same problem. I tried to buy the house when i had 9000 gold and only got the one option. later, I sold some stuff and came back when I had 11000 and it worked fine then. Hope that helps.

Yeah it does, I went back, got more gold, and came back, i was able to buy the house even though it still only cost 8000 gold. Thanks

• 2 years later...

You got further than me, it's not even giving me the Thane dialogue or anything & I've done Cragslane so it should come up :( I've been through this questline on PC several times but this is the 1st time I've ever had this problem. Most frustrating!

• 2 months later...

Same here with Skyrim SE. I am Thane in each region with Huscarl, Quest to get the houses/land all done.

Installed mod: USSEP 4.0.3

Houses:

Whiterun/ Breezhome - OK

Windhelm/ Hjerim - without Huscarl I could enter, with Huscarl moving in CTD when opening the door

Riften/ Honeyside - OK, old clutter still in the house, no house options offered by steward

Solitude/ Proudspire Manor - CTD entering the door

Markath/ Vindrell Hall - OK

Raven Rock/ Severin Manor - OK

Plots:

Windstead Manor - No plot buy option from Jarl/steward but I do have a huscarl

Lakeview Manor - OK

Heljarchen Hall - OK, huscarl says he moved in, I can hear him but not see him in or around the house

Bugrim is quite broken.

Edited by SamTT

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

i cant get her to give me the keys she keeps saying, "wonderful here are the keys to your home", but she still has the option to buy in her dialogue. i click on it and she just repeats the same line above.

anyway to reset her with console, i tried disable then enable, didnt work.

• 1 month later...

i cant get her to give me the keys she keeps saying, "wonderful here are the keys to your home", but she still has the option to buy in her dialogue. i click on it and she just repeats the same line above.

anyway to reset her with console, i tried disable then enable, didnt work.

i have this issue as well. i have well over 8000 gold, and for some reason even though she gives me the option to purchase, when i select it she never takes my money or gives me my key. So like wtf. I've tried almost everything. Help.