Mounted Combat

gorrgash

I somewhat enjoy running around on my horse and whacking people with a two-handed attack. However, the mounted combat system glitched (again, about a year ago I got this exact same problem). The mounted combat system was working fine for my characters first 40 levels (relatively heavily modded) But suddenly the mounted combat glitched and now, as far as I can tell the normal target arrow in the center of the screen becomes the guide for whether you land an attack or not, just as when you are on foot. However it is not supposed to work like that, you should connect hits to the right or left of your horse depending on which click you used. This glitch makes it practically impossible to hit while mounted. I do not think it is a mod glitch, but it could be. It stopped working properly when I made a new character. The biggest mod I installed at that time was Helgen Reborn.

I did verify the game catch, not sure if that had any possibility to fix the problem or not, but it didn't.

Anyone have any Ideas? Or had this problem yourself?

Edited by gorrgash

I solved the problem. If anyone has a similar problem the issue is in fact a mod. I went through my recently added mods and deactivated them one at at time. Luckily I got it on my 2nd try. For me it was http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33795/? Not the overhaul itself but the file below it called "Racial Traits Improved Dawnguard". I read another post of a user with the same problem. For him the issue was some hair mod. So random, seemingly unrelated mods, can affect the mounted combat.

• 1 month later...