A7n7e7m7a

Hey.

First time on the forums.

Was wondering, is there a way to place armour enchants (mainly fortify health) onto weapons?

Have been tampering with it for a little while now, but to no progress. The enchants seem pretty strictly locked to their weapons/armours, at least in Creation Kit.

Thanks very much :smile:.

EDIT: I finally got back around to looking at this and Oblivionaddicted is right, you attach a script to the weapon. The script is a SPELL type and you add the EVENT type to be OnEquipped, then you add the name of the spell as a reference in the script. Many people probably know/knew how to do this but for those who don't, this is how.

In Layman's terms, for people who don't know, but want to try it (using my own first weapon+script mod as an example) there are five things you need to address; weapon, spell, perk, player, script:

1. Make your weapon in Creation Kit (mine is called "King's Sword").
  2. Make a spell, with, for example, fortify health on it (this will be the spell you use/reference in the script; the script will apply this spell (as a buff) to you when you equip the weapon). My sword spell is, 'Type: Ability', 'Casting: Constant Effect' and 'Delivery: Self'. My spell ID in the top left of the spell window is "WeaponKingsSwordSpellBuffMod1". You will need to copy and paste this ID name into the script.
  3. Make a perk (mine has the ID in the top left of the perk window "KingsSwordStatsPerkMod1"). In the 'Conditions' area of the perk, you want to right-click > "New", in the 'Condition Function' you want "GetEquipped", in the box to the right (which should as default say "INVALID") you want to look for the ID of your weapon, mine is "KingsSwordMod1", the 'Comparison' box should be "==", the 'Value' box should be "1.0000" and the 'Run on' box should be "Subject". Then click okay. At the bottom of the perk window, the 'Perk Entries' area, you want to right-click > "New", where it says "Quest"/"Ability"/"Entry Point" you want to click "Ability" and then find the ID of your spell you just made (again, mine here is "WeaponKingsSwordSpellBuffMod1"), and then click okay. Before you click okay on the main perk window, make sure the "Playable" box is ticked.
  4. You want to go back to just the "Object Window" main screen, open up the "Actors" drop down at the top left and click "Actor" underneath that, then in the search filter box type "Player". Double-click on the result which just says "Player" in the Editor IDs. In all of the tabs along the top of the player window, find "SpellList" and in the "Perks" section you right-click > "Add". Search for the ID of your perk (again, mine here is "KingsSwordStatsPerkMod1") and then click okay, and then click okay on the "Player" window.
  5. You want to now go back into your weapon window which you made first thing (again, mine here is "KingsSwordMod1"), at the bottom right in the "Scripts" area right-click > "Add Script...", from the small new window click on "[New Script]" and click okay, and from the "Add New Script" window add a name for your script (mine is "WeaponKingsSwordSpellScript") and click okay -- if you want to type a description of what the script does, you can do that in the "Documentation String:" section of that window. My description is "Gives the constant stats to the sword via it's spell.". You will see this written in the script at the top when you open it. You should now see your script in the "Script" section of the weapon window, however, it is emtpy. So right-click > "Edit Source" and in the script window, copy and paste the following, replacing any required names where necessary:

Scriptname SCRIPT NAME extends ObjectReference  
{SCRIPT DESCRIPTION}

SPELL PROPERTY SPELL ID AUTO

EVENT OnEquipped(ACTOR akActor)

; //if we're the player
    if (akActor == Game.GetPlayer())
        Game.GetPlayer().AddSpell(SPELL ID)
    EndIf
ENDEVENT

EVENT OnUnequipped(ACTOR akActor)

; //if we're the player
        Game.GetPlayer().RemoveSpell(SPELL ID)
    EndIf

ENDEVENT

All you really need to input here is the script name, which you made in step 5, the spell ID, which you made in step 2 and the script description, which you may have made in step 5 also. So, for example, my script is:

Scriptname WeaponKingsSwordSpellScript extends ObjectReference  
{Gives the constant stats to the sword via it's spell.}

SPELL PROPERTY WeaponKingsSwordSpellBuffMod1 AUTO

EVENT OnEquipped(ACTOR akActor)

; //if we're the player
        Game.GetPlayer().AddSpell(WeaponKingsSwordSpellBuffMod1)
    EndIf
ENDEVENT

EVENT OnUnequipped(ACTOR akActor)

; //if we're the player
        Game.GetPlayer().RemoveSpell(WeaponKingsSwordSpellBuffMod1)
    EndIf

ENDEVENT

After you're happy with that, click "File" > "Save" in the top left of the window and wait for it to say "Save Succeeded" in the bottom left; hopefully it should show you no errors. Now you can click the red x close button on the top right of the window. It should take you back to the weapon window; right-click > "Edit Properties" of the script in the "Script" window. The properties window should now show your spell/property (since my spell was called "WeaponKingsSwordSpellBuffMod1" this is what the property is named. Once you have clicked it, then click the "Edit Value" button on the right. This should give you the option to "Pick Object:" from the drop down list; search for your spell ID (mine here is "WeaponKingsSwordSpellBuffMod1") and click okay. This will take you back to the weapon window and your script should now be made. It should now have the symbol of a small blue plus with a pencil to the top right of it, instead of the large blue plus which it started with.

This is the weapon done now, you can save the Creation Kit mods and close it to play the game, but there are some useful things you may want to try first.

• Obviously you should implement it into the game first, so that you can play with it. I just dropped mine in Whiterun to try it and see if it works; it may be a bit glitchy at first (it may buff your character with the stats before you've even picked up/equipped the weapon), but just pick it up and equip/unequip it and you will see from your stats and in the 'magic effects applied to you' menu that it sorts itself out. I think this is because of the changes we made in step 4 and/or because the Weapon/Perk/Spell do not all tie together immediately in the Creation Kit, but tie together after you close and re-open the Creation Kit and/or game once. Then it sees that they're tied to one another. I could be wrong. Every weapon since has worked no problem, first time.
  • If you want to see what stats are on the weapon from the spell, it won't tell you because the stats come from the spell and not the weapon. You will only see the stats in the active spell effects menu in-game. The way I got around this is to just write what the stats are in the "Description" area at the top right of the weapon window. This way, when you look at the weapon in your inventory in the game it will show you what is on the weapon, for example, my "King's Sword" which was my first attempt has +50 health, stamina and magicka on it. So I just write that in the weapon description. It's worth saying, that the formatting for this in Skyrim is terrible. The weapon description box never makes full use of the space which could be allocated for it, so you may have to mess around a bit to find what you like.
  • You can also add an enchant. And, again, you could add this in the weapon description.

There may be better ways to do this than what I've just put here, but this is what I've found so far. As I learn more I may update this to clean it up.

Edited by A7n7e7m7a
Reason for the edit: I figured out how to do it.

Is it possible to add multiple flags to a piece of weaponry/armor? I haven't messed with CK all too much but I would guess that could be a temp solution?

Hey,

I just tried adding different flags a few minutes ago lol :P

Didn't do anything for me sadly.

Damn haha So im assuming CK has some type of lists for enchantments, there must be a way to either create a custom list where you can add all enchantment types and apply it to the specific weapon you are using? Like certain armors get x list and weapons get y list, but if you copy x list and name it z list then add all the possible available enchantments to z list, then make it so your weapon uses z list instead of x or y.. does that make sense?

Damn haha So im assuming CK has some type of lists for enchantments, there must be a way to either create a custom list where you can add all enchantment types and apply it to the specific weapon you are using? Like certain armors get x list and weapons get y list, but if you copy x list and name it z list then add all the possible available enchantments to z list, then make it so your weapon uses z list instead of x or y.. does that make sense?

Yea, you are right, I just found it lol. I'm not so experienced with modding on Skyrim, have done it in other games but just getting the hang on this one.

Each enchantment type (e.g. Health) has a FormList, and the list shows all of the pieces which it can be put on.

I can't edit it in CK though it seems. MaskedRPGFan has a FormList Manipulator on the nexus, will try that. Will post when I do, may be useful for someone else trying to do these things.

Nevermind, it can be changed in CK. The FormList now has all of the Keywords (e.g. ArmorShield, ArmorCuirass, WepTypeSword), but it's not enough, I still can't apply health to weapon when I'm making a new enchantment. Looks like this is because weapon enchantments are tied to both the "Contact" and "Fire and forget" criteria when making a new enchantment, or editing an existing one; if your enchantment doesn't fall under those two categories, then it won't show up for a weapon enchantment. :/

So now the problem is figuring out how I access what is included in the "Contact" and "Fire and forget" lists. Which means finding those lists.

Wouldn't there be a problem with weapons having "onhit" effects and armor having "onself" effects? I'd think the enchantment would be applied to the target if you put it on a weapon.

Yeah showler :/ it's looking like that's just the way that it is.

It may just be a pipe-dream to have a static/constant health effect on a weapon whilst having it deal some fire damage etc.

I'm not quite good enough to figure it out atm.

Is there any other item in game that does affect character and enemy at the same time? I can't think of one off the top of my head but if so than maybe use that as a template and alter some files etc.. you see where I'm going with this lol, if not then bummer sorry man we tried