IM having trouble loading Fo4 GOTY via vortex

itsRED76

so, I recently bought fallout 4 GOTY off of G2A and i tried modding it via vortex. however, when I booted up the game via vortex, none of my dlc were there. I thought it was strange so i tried running it through steam, and my dlc loaded. I've tried playing it from both start up methods and the saves don't carry over between the two. it looks like steam and vortex are running two different versions of the game and I have no clue what's up. I've tried uninstalling vortex and fallout 4 but it didn't change anything.

What service does the G2A version use to supply the game? It's not Steam, apparently, so is it Microsoft's store?

If so, Microsoft's store handles the DLC very weirdly by putting them in a sub-directory. You might have to make them a "mod" in Vortex and have it install them to the normal "Data" folder.

What service does the G2A version use to supply the game? It's not Steam, apparently, so is it Microsoft's store?

If so, Microsoft's store handles the DLC very weirdly by putting them in a sub-directory. You might have to make them a "mod" in Vortex and have it install them to the normal "Data" folder.

its a steam key so id assume steam

As far as I know, Vortex doesn't do anything with the DLC from Steam. If you look in the plugins tab they should be listed at the top, grayed out and marked as not managed by Vortex.

Vortex does separate your save games from the normal ones though, in order to make the profiles function work.