Lydia turns black and gives off evil-looking smoke when crouching

tonyb56586

I have a problem with Lydia. She turns black and gives off this evil-looking smoke when she crouches or goes into combat. I once had this with my player in another incarnation and fixed it, but I don't remember what I did. I think it has something to do with the Eye of Magnus and even tried using the Staff of Magnus on her. She thought I was trying to kill her and then tried to kill me. Sheathing weapons caused her to stop but then she left my service, but I immediately asked her back and she returned. I would appreciate any ideas anyone might have. Email is [email protected] Thanks

TonyB

Shadowjin--you are a genus! I gave Lydia regular ebony armor, well not quiet regular it was one of the restorative ones, and when we crouched--no more evil looking Lydia! Thanks so much! I am in love with Lydia, and since my player is a female high elf she is also. Ain't love grand?

Anyhow, thanks again.

TonyB

Red Beserker--then which is the right forum. I wandered around forums all last night (Christmas Eve) and got NOTHING! At least here I got some responses and even some advice that seems to have fixed the problem (yours was one of them since it does seem to be an ebony mail effect). I really want to know where I should have posted this question so I can go straight there if I have other problems. Best way to reach me is my email [email protected] since I don't come here very often because so many of the people are butt holes (that's butt spelled with an a and an s and another s).

TonyB