Lydia turns black and gives off evil-looking smoke when crouching

tonyb56586

Indeed:

1) this is wrong forum section: here is where we beg ( ;) ) for modifications and suggest things, or even we propose ourselves on making new mods and collaborations. You rightly made a request, but an HELP request and so this is not the right section.

2) what you describe is, for me, the EXACT appearance of the daedric Ebon-mail: black and smoky. It is at 100%

Video reference -> http://youtu.be/OS5YaGrmyZQ?t=9m40s

• 2 years later...

I have a problem with Lydia. She turns black and gives off this evil-looking smoke when she crouches or goes into combat. I once had this with my player in another incarnation and fixed it, but I don't remember what I did. I think it has something to do with the Eye of Magnus and even tried using the Staff of Magnus on her. She thought I was trying to kill her and then tried to kill me. Sheathing weapons caused her to stop but then she left my service, but I immediately asked her back and she returned. I would appreciate any ideas anyone might have. Email is [email protected] Thanks

TonyB

You have given her a piece of armor called ebony mail probably...

Its an effect of the armor...

Same here i tried remove some mods and restarted a fresh game but each time it changes to the same weirdness

I also noticed some other npc's suddenly get black body parts but seems to be totally random.

Or it could be black npc models getting a white head instead of the needed black one.

No never gave her ebony armors at all, so that is pure speculation as i see it.

A totally new game and no advanced armors available yet above iron or steel and booom lydia got again a black head ad white body

So its happens kinda instant after the game has passed riverwood, the new character was lvl 5 after i did the needed dungeon and the dragon kill then i bought the breezehome and went for the reward.

So nothing todo with armors at all

• 7 months later...

damn, i was looking for help on this thread

My housecarl literally turned a different race...

her face is black but her body is normal. I just got her (solitude housecarl)

That's what happened to me with Lydia. My skyrim is heavily modded, so I assumed it was glitch with one of the mods, but none of my visuals mods (comment sections) have had anyone else with these issues (unless I missed a comment or two).

​has anyone found a solution for this? I am playing on PC and have tried removing a few mods that could be the culprits, but nothing.