NVSE doesn't work with latest version

Harkonnan

I got the new free release from Epic today and installed NVSE when I went to launch the game using the NVSE loader I got an error stating that my version of the game was too new for the version of NVSE I was using(which is the latest version). I am guessing due to the age of the game NVSE isn't likely to be updated. This is similar to the FO3 issue which was easily fixed by installing an old patch. I can't find similar patch files for FONV. If anyone knows of another way to fix this I would greatly appreciate your help.

It's been one day. If it is going to be patched to work with Epic, you'll likely have to wait a bit.

FO3 had the same issue and from what I was able to find, due to the advanced age of the game the authors of Script Extender

had no intention of updating it. FONV isn't that much newer than FO3 relatively speaking so I would expect the same result.

Edited by Harkonnan

FO3 is a bit different. The only difference between the version of FO3 that was supported by FOSE and the version that was not supported by FOSE was the removal of Games For Windows Live. Since FOSE disabled GFWL anyway, going back to the game version that worked with FOSE made zero difference to anybody and therefore there was no point in updating FOSE.

With F:NV it's a bit different. NVSE is still being supported in the form of xNVSE, plus "A Tale of Two Wastelands" has made it common for people to play FO3 in the F:NV engine using NVSE and you can't just revert to an earlier version on Epic Games Store because there is no earlier version to revert to.

So there is a chance that the current developers of xNVSE may decide to support the EGS version. But you'll have to wait to hear from them.

If you're looking for a "workaround", there is none. You can't downgrade to a version that doesn't exist and you can't use a version from another store on the EGS release without committing piracy.

FO3 is a bit different. The only difference between the version of FO3 that was supported by FOSE and the version that was not supported by FOSE was the removal of Games For Windows Live. Since FOSE disabled GFWL anyway, going back to the game version that worked with FOSE made zero difference to anybody and therefore there was no point in updating FOSE.

With F:NV it's a bit different. NVSE is still being supported in the form of xNVSE, plus "A Tale of Two Wastelands" has made it common for people to play FO3 in the F:NV engine using NVSE and you can't just revert to an earlier version on Epic Games Store because there is no earlier version to revert to.

So there is a chance that the current developers of xNVSE may decide to support the EGS version. But you'll have to wait to hear from them.

If you're looking for a "workaround", there is none. You can't downgrade to a version that doesn't exist and you can't use a version from another store on the EGS release without committing piracy

Oh I see. Well thanks for the information. I can only hope it doesn't take too long. There are many great mods I want to use that require it.

Here is link to mod, for epic version to make nvse to work. Epic Games Patcher at Fallout New Vegas - mods and community (nexusmods.com). Just atm any mod requiring honest hearts isnt working(atleast those I tested), as for some reason that dlc isn't fully implemented, it show ups but you cant install.

I will check this out. Thanks.

Edit:

I guess I wont. I got this message when I tried to use your link;

Hidden mod

This mod has been set to hidden

Hidden at 26 May 2023, 5:07PM by lStewieAl for the following reason.

The mod has (possible) permission issues that the author is working to address.

Edited by Harkonnan