RaceMenu Import Part Matcher

Deleted3576383User

I have several presets installed I am interested in using, but all of them have the same eyes even though they are meant to be different. I import the preset then the import again through the sculpt tab. The sculpt tab shows a different name for the eyes than what it finally selects. As you can see in the screenshot, the intended eye is 176 'lake' and the final eye is 176 'hazel'. The importer seems to think both are the same (both are green). This is for other presets and from different authors, too, with different eyes that all end up being the same hazel.

Racemenu-import.png

I have disabled all eye mods, including temporarily the eye mod that is required for the preset. Despite this, the hazel eye is what wins every time. I have tried to find it by searching in the Data tab of MO2, but nothing is there. I also disabled anything related that might pack eyes, such as the EasyNPC output.

If anyone knows how to configure the RaceMenu import properly so I can avoid this problem and ones like it in the future, I would be grateful!

Edit: Not sure what the cause was, but it is fixed now. Had it for the past week. Maybe it will come back.

Edited by Guest

The discrepancy is not in the import matcher.

The "FemaleEyesHumanHazelBrown" is the default head part for the Nord race. If that is what you get after importing the preset file, it means you lack the eye headpart listed in the .jslot

If you open the .jslot file of the preset you are importing, and look for 'headParts', the part in question will be something like (assuming the preset indeed uses FemaleEyesHumanLake):

{

"formId" : 2483063342,

"formIdentifier" : "TheEyesOfBeauty.esp|008A2E",

"type" : 6

},

formId and type are likely will be different and are of no consequence, but the 'formIdentifier' is the important one. Make sure you have 'TheEyesOfBeauty.esp' enabled, and check via SSEEdit that it indeed has the form listed in .jslot file.

For example, if you at any point converted 'TheEyesOfBeauty.esp' to a light plugin - totally doable since it only has 436 forms - none of the presets that use eyes from it will be recognized, since all formIDs wiill be different.

Now about the head import part. The point about head import is that comprising meshes have been sculpted, and you want to apply those same sculpts. Which means each head part needs to be vertex-matched.

The Eyes Of Beauty uses vanilla eye mesh as base, only difference being the texture, so yes, FemaleEyesHumanHazelBrown and FemaleEyesHumanLake are vertex-matched. By the way, they are NOT both green

NyVLmBt.jpg

The discrepancy is not in the import matcher.

The "FemaleEyesHumanHazelBrown" is the default head part for the Nord race. If that is what you get after importing the preset file, it means you lack the eye headpart listed in the .jslot

If you open the .jslot file of the preset you are importing, and look for 'headParts', the part in question will be something like (assuming the preset indeed uses FemaleEyesHumanLake):

{

"formId" : 2483063342,

"formIdentifier" : "TheEyesOfBeauty.esp|008A2E",

"type" : 6

},

formId and type are likely will be different and are of no consequence, but the 'formIdentifier' is the important one. Make sure you have 'TheEyesOfBeauty.esp' enabled, and check via SSEEdit that it indeed has the form listed in .jslot file.

For example, if you at any point converted 'TheEyesOfBeauty.esp' to a light plugin - totally doable since it only has 436 forms - none of the presets that use eyes from it will be recognized, since all formIDs wiill be different.

Now about the head import part. The point about head import is that comprising meshes have been sculpted, and you want to apply those same sculpts. Which means each head part needs to be vertex-matched.

The Eyes Of Beauty uses vanilla eye mesh as base, only difference being the texture, so yes, FemaleEyesHumanHazelBrown and FemaleEyesHumanLake are vertex-matched. By the way, they are NOT both green

NyVLmBt.jpg

A very useful post, thank you. So the green (not the eyes, I may have been unclear) is vertex matching and red is not a match. Also useful to see the headparts section.

I was converting a few plugins to ESL today, but I didn't do Eyes of Beauty since it has figures other mods depend on being the same.

The preset corresponds with the form ID in the plugin.

Not sure how it happened, but I feel like I have a better grasp of how to fix or prevent it now.

Edit: It was the 2K AI upscale of The Eyes of Beauty that was overwriting the esp and changing the IDs.

Edited by Guest