RogueReverie

Hey Everyone,

A few weeks ago I purchased Skyrim: Legendary Edition and recently beat the main campaign. I decided to try the Dawnguard expansion next, only when I come in contact with vampires their "Chill Touch" spell leaves an Ice Hazard +10 debuff on me that never goes away. I've tried using potions that remove disease, but am unable to find any way to dispel the ice hazard.

This makes it nearly impossible for me to fight any vampires in the game, as they all use it. The glitch affects my followers as well. Lydia got hit by it and she glowed blue showing the effects, and I waited up to 10 minutes with her kneeling down unable to recover before I gave up and had to reload a previous version. Does anyone know how to fix this? Is there any console command that will get rid of the Ice Hazard permanent effect that is only give to me by vampires' Chill Touch spell?

This glitch makes it nearly impossible for me to play any of the Dawnguard expansion (or fight any vampire) without having to constantly reload previous saves when this glitch affects me or any of my followers. Please help!

Sincerely,

Generaldraxeo

This is definitely a gamebreaking bug, seriously, a letal endless dot (damage over time) spell, im surprised not many ppl have this problem, this made the game unplayable for me, my save almost got ruined because a important and immortal npc got hit by a vampire and got the chill touch debuff.

is funny that the wiki says:

"Chill Touch may never disappear and continue afflicting you until you die. The only known fix is to reload a previous save."

which doesnt help at all, because if you need to kill the vampires attacking a town or something, you could get the damn spell again, and if a npc, you or your companion gets hit by the spell again you are ******

after some days of searching in total desesperation, and i checked the sticky but i didnt see the problem there (maybe im just blind) think i finally found a solution.

once you get hit by the spell type this in the console, player.removespell 0003384A - this removes the infinite ice hazard/chill touch glitch which is the one that KILLS YOU i think, now the only problem is the other debuff called "reduced health/sannguine vampiris" (hopefully you don't get turned into a vampire) EDIT: touching a shrine removes it for me

i need to do more testing if this really solves the problem (ill edit later), but hey, at least saves you life, which for me is a blessing.

sorry if some stuff sounds weird, my english is not that good.

Edited by Apex2099

• 3 months later...

Hey Apex2099,

Thank you so much! That fixed the problem! Typing "player.removespell 0003384A" in the console does remove the infinite ice hazard. Now I can continue through the Dawnguard campaign:)

What this guy said x1000, i've been searching for a fix to this for months ive crawled so many forums, thought it was a bug with a mod, i love you both! i can finally play dawnguard!

• 10 months later...

Hey Apex2099,

Thank you so much! That fixed the problem! Typing "player.removespell 0003384A" in the console does remove the infinite ice hazard. Now I can continue through the Dawnguard campaign:)

What this guy said x1000, i've been searching for a fix to this for months ive crawled so many forums, thought it was a bug with a mod, i love you both! i can finally play dawnguard!

Another post of gratitude for Apex's fix to a seriously huge pain in the you know what. i usually take restoration with my characters so it hasn't killed me as of yet, but it always deal a huge blow to my restore magica potion reseaves, not to mention making my followers all but useless. Thx again for the info!!!