Error *status 400* when downloading, not sure how to fix

Blackcrush
Go to solution Solved by Pickysaurus,

I think there must be some big Nexus server update or something. I'm having the same sort of issue (error 429) stating the same thing whenever I try to download any mods in Vortex right now. I thought it might have been Vortex related since an update just came out today, but it seems like Nexus has been having a moment all afternoon.

I also have such issue. While instance of vortex is running I used browser (firefox in my case) to initiate downloads of mods (at this point everything is alright), but if I close browser and later use browser again I'll get that error. To fix that I have to relaunch vortex. It may be related to firefox, or to current network (security?) setup.

Edited by Idiot9999

It seems to be either time related (if enough time has passed error possibly will occur) or (most likely) related to sleep mode of pc/laptop (sleep mode was entered with active vortex). Maybe there is some sort of timeout? If I download after 10 -20 mins it will be ok, but after several hours (especially if sleep mode was used) it will bug out. Also it doesn't seem to be firefox related (though I'd need to check again after some time).

EDIT: error occurs when using either firefox or chrome, so, presumably, it is not browser related. Also actually don't need to close browser or go to sleep mode to get error, just some time away from active pc (so it may be due to lost of "focus", some windows settings, or some unknown timeout.

Vortex allowed in firewall.

Status code 401.

It is not something life-breaking, since I can just restart vortex, but a bit annoying.

Edited by Idiot9999

In addition, this problem started when, after untimely demise of my system ssd, I had to reinstall os a couple of weeks ago. Error may be caused by some new windows update or setting. Such thing never happened on my old os.

Edited by Idiot9999

• 1 month later...

I also have such issue. While instance of vortex is running I used browser (firefox in my case) to initiate downloads of mods (at this point everything is alright), but if I close browser and later use browser again I'll get that error. To fix that I have to relaunch vortex. It may be related to firefox, or to current network (security?) setup.

Same thing here. Error 400

FIXED: Its if you have a f*#@ed up download folder chosen.

I had to choose in GOG > Games > Cyberpunk > Mods

Edited by XDeviantDoomX