Weapon Magazines/Clips

Blackmaze

So I had an idea to make FO:NV a bit more realistic. Couldn't find it on Nexus so, I'm posting the idea here..

The idea is to change the reloading/shooting/etc. so that the weapons are clip/magazine fed instead of vanilla style ammunition fed.

E.G. Instead of the game showing on HUD 30 + 120 bullets it'd be 1 + 4 magazines. If you reload a magazine, where there's still a few bullets left you put that magazine back in the inventory and you can use it later and maybe add bullets into it at a reloading bench(or maybe at campfire also). Empty magazines would appear under misc and full/part-full under ammo.

You'd have to buy magazines from a shop(filled, half/partly-filled and unfilled) / make them yourself at a reloading table. The bullets wouldn't disappear, you just couldn't use them like in vanilla (Other option is to put them one by one into the chamber, meaning you could only shoot one bullet before reloading. Maybe on sniper rifles could also add bullets through the slide hole into the clip, like with WW1-2 rifles, Springfield, Lee-Einfield etc.).

Of course, it'd only change the clip/magazine fed weapons, like rifles, SMGs, pistols etc. Others, shotguns, revolvers and repeaters and etc. would work like in vanilla. This sort of thing could also work with energy weapons.

If this sort of thing is possible, could someone please do it? Or if it exists somewhere already, point me in the right direction.

PS. Tried to explain as best as I could... Forgive me, if I wrote a confusing text.

Edited by Blackmaze

I would like to apologize that nobody has replied to you on this. It's a great idea, tough to implement as it would require a differentiation between weapons with and without mags, and it would also require a magazine model and in-game item for each weapon that needed one. The in game item itself would have to keep track of it's current ammo as well, and scale its own value based on that. One thing I'd change is the need to visit a reloading bench to put bullets in a magazine. I think that you should be able to do it anywhere, but you have to watch an animation for it, which would also require effort. Basically, this needs a good mod TEAM.