Textures issue (everything invisible)

alanarg

Hello everyone,

probably there's not much people still playing "Fallout 3", but I love this game and I'm trying to play it with a different pack of mods that the last time I played it.

Anyway, I'm experience some kind of issue with textures (at least that's what I think). Everything seems to disappeared or be invisible, except water and people's hair.

This screenshot will explain it better than me:

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/9141/0pyz.png

Screenshot was taken in Megaton, besides the nuclear bomb (you can see the water that surrounds it).

It's weird, mainly because BEFORE I changed my graphic card (a few days ago) the game works fine. I don't know anyway, I didn't run the game in the last month because I installed too much mods and graphics tweaks so it doesn't work with a fine amount of FPS, but certainly I didn't have this problem.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

MY TRIES

1. Uncheck all mods: didn't work.

2. Change resolution and graphical settings: didn't work.

EXTRA INFO

1. My computer accomplish the minimal and recommended requirements. You can see my PC specs in a short version of dxdiag by clicking HERE.

2. I have all the Fallout 3 updates and DLCs.

3. I launch FO3 with FOSE and using the "Fallout Mod Manager". You can see my load order by CLICKING HERE.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I really appreciate any help you can bring me. Thank you all for your time and help.

Happy new year!

First, your load order is a mess. Reorder it so that all the vanilla game .esm load in first with Fallout3.esm the very first. This should be followed by the DLCs, in order of their release. This is a must. The only exception is Streetlights.esm, which should load before BrokenSteel.esm. And you don't need Streetlights-Wasteland, it is included in the newest Streetlights.

Did you to the .ini changes to only use two cores on your CPU?

After you installed your new GPU, did you run the Fallout Launcher so that the game will detect your new graphics card and reset the graphics level?

Are your graphics drivers up to date? When installing a new graphics card, the install CD will usually have an outdated driver.

First, your load order is a mess. Reorder it so that all the vanilla game .esm load in first with Fallout3.esm the very first. This should be followed by the DLCs, in order of their release. This is a must. The only exception is Streetlights.esm, which should load before BrokenSteel.esm. And you don't need Streetlights-Wasteland, it is included in the newest Streetlights.

Did you to the .ini changes to only use two cores on your CPU?

After you installed your new GPU, did you run the Fallout Launcher so that the game will detect your new graphics card and reset the graphics level?

Are your graphics drivers up to date? When installing a new graphics card, the install CD will usually have an outdated driver.

Hello,

thanks for your time, I really appreciate your help.

LOAD ORDER

I already modify the load order following your advices, I put the DLCs after "Fallout3.esm", the rest of the ".esm" files were mods, so I just let them after the "Fallout3.esm" and the DLCs.

I uncheck "Streetlight-Wasteland" too.

You can see how load order is now clicking here.

.INI FILE

I correct it now.

My Documents/My Games/Fallout 3/Fallout.ini >

bUseThreadedAI=1

Add another line after it and insert:

iNumHWThreads=2

FALLOUT LAUNCHER

Can't remember if I open the launcher after I install my new GPU, but I open it now and it seems that the settings are fine.

DRIVER GRAPHICS

Yes, I uninstalled nVidia drivers, restart PC, install new GPU and then install nVidia drivers from website, they're up to date.

Thanks again.

Have a nice year.

Disable your ENB while you're testing things, if you're using it.

How can I do that?

How can I do that?

Shift + F12 while in-game.

Since you're using an ENB, did you disable Anti-aliasing & Anisotropic Filtering? Disable both in the Fallout 3 Launcher.

Still no dice? Remove FALLOUT.INI & FalloutPrefs.ini from your documents/my games/fallout3 folder and let the game generate new ones.

How can I do that?

Shift + F12 while in-game.

Since you're using an ENB, did you disable Anti-aliasing & Anisotropic Filtering? Disable both in the Fallout 3 Launcher.

Still no dice? Remove FALLOUT.INI & FalloutPrefs.ini from your documents/my games/fallout3 folder and let the game generate new ones.

You genius!

Seems to be that AA and AF were the issue. Now everything works perfect.

Probably this was something easy, but I don't get used to add mods and that stuff and I never thought about ENB as a problem, actually I was looking for some incompatibility mods issue =P.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help. I really appreciate it.

Thank you all.

Have a nice year!

• 1 year later...

Hello, I am having a similar issue like this only with Fallout 4. I downloaded some mods, testing out how i liked them, and deleted some, after going back into Fallout, the game said that some things will be missing due to the removal of the mods, so I went and played anywaus, but now everythings invisable, except for a few misc textures which dont matter. So I tried a few steps from here since there was nowhere else that had this issue for Fallout 4 yet, but nothing has worked, deleting the Fallout4.prefs file didnt help, nor did turning of AA and AF. So is there any way to get everything back to normal? Without losing anything?