• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

lolToast

lolToast

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I was installing mods manually because I hadn't updated my NMM yet. This went on for a few months so I don't remember what mods I downloaded. When I got my new GPU a while back I wanted a really nice shader or ENB. I remember installing one (after the GPU upgrade) that creates realistic depth of field. When I first used it, there was a minor FPS drop, only about 5-10, which wasn't bad because it was really nice. I decided I didn't want it so I unchecked it from Skyrim's data files. After I removed it I never thought about it again, I didn't even see it ever again. I updated my NMM and downloaded a few mods that added small details such as new book covers, new potion skins, new drink skins, HD snow, and some other immersive mods. I was planning on installing the Skyrim Flora Overhaul and I was still looking for a nice ENB or shader. When I started the game with these new mods, the game dropped about 40-50 FPS. I recognized what I was seeing; It was the same old shader that I had earlier but it had a drastic performance impact. I looked over all my mods to see if it was in there but I couldn't find it. I eventually turned off all of my mods and ran Skyrim. The lag and the shader was still there :sad: . I then uninstalled Skyrim and reinstalled it, hoping that it would reset the shader/texture files. The horrible lag and shader is still there :sad: . If any of you can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Until this is fixed I can't play Skyrim at all, and if I can't get a solution then I might uninstall Skyrim and check all the files myself to see if they are deleted correctly. This can't be a mod problem because I ran it without any mods and it was still messed up. Please help!

lolToast

lolToast

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I'm pretty sure that this is the shader: http://www.nexusmods...yrim/mods/822/?

I'm gonna check what files are in there and see what I can do.

lolToast

lolToast

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

To everybody who's listening, I checked my GPU and found out that it's pooping out on me. It's only running at 150 MHz :( . This still doesn't explain the problem with the shader, If anybody would care to help me, I would appreciate it.

lolToast

lolToast

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Okay, my GPU is working fine now and the shader is stuck in there. I uninstalled it in the beginning because the depth of view was giving me a headache, I guess I'll just have to get used to it. Thanks for letting me vent all my problems :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shaders, manual, lag

Page loaded in: 1.006 seconds