Isn't it crazy ? ...

ten10

Just as a remark and some (personal) thoughts ... :wink:

Isn't it crazy ?

X games before X-Rebirth, for instance, had no cockpits, no special animations at docking, non existing (movable) player char, no stations (just quick docking), moving

in and out of your space ship and more ... trying to make it more immersive, closer to reality as a space traveling game ...

What were the modders doing then ? Well, they've tried to implement such things through mods ...

Now that Egosoft tried to add that stuff, to give it a more real feeling to it, the modders are trying to take it all out.

I don't say it's perfectly done, not at all, those things could be improved more or less.

But, IMHO, i think this finally adds to the atmosphere and the feeling, to be moving in space from place to place, really owning and using a spaceship.

Sure, it probably slows players down, trying to build an industrial empire or whatever reason there is, to go further in the game and get quick results.

Still, now in X-Rebirth i feel more immersed in this X-Universe then ever before ... not perfectly done, agreed, but the ingredients are there.

I don't want to be only traveling through this universe, to be a rich, richer, richest and trying to be a scoop up money machine as fast as possible.

I want to travel through space, too, without constantly only thinking about the next higher profit (i know, this mainly matters in the RealLife) ....

But i'm a space and sci-fi fan ... and not only a money making machine ! I like to travel through space with style, not only with bank notes stuck to my eyes.

I want to get the feeling of traveling through space with my ingame char (and myself, of course) and for sure not only jump and dock in an instant, see nothing, hear

nothing, just to quickly run through the trading lists trying to catch the best deals in seconds and leave for the next stop (just to be a money tycoon in a few days ...).

Does all the universe and space environment around you matter then at all ? You just could easily replace the space and stars environment around you with

normal streets, a truck or whatever and driving from city to city - who cares about the areas and stuff around you.

The feel for traveling in a space ship and not just a simple vehicle, moving through space with it's unknown wonders and misterys and not just a street between

one city to another ...

Sure basicly it's similar, but anything that helps to immerse me into this space travel idea, i appreciate grately - and X-Rebirth isn't perfect in doing this, yet, but

it takes a larger step forward, then in the before X-Universe games.

If i didn't get it and this space game really mainly is suppose to be a economic game, than it's too bad.

Just to mention the game in developement called "Star Citizen".

I'm not sure if i like the idea of selling many different virtual things for real money already ahead of a not yet existing game, this seems somehow crazy.

But what i already like is, that they make you really feel that you really OWN a spaceship, YOUR spaceship. You can walk in and out of YOUR spaceship,

in YOUR own hangar, adding or taking off YOUR gadgets, weapons and more directly working in your hangar on it. And what's not needed you can store

inside your hangar, you can even enhance and improve your hangar later on. But you do it all directly, with your char, and not just sitting in the cockpit

position only, never being able to move from that position, just clicking three menue commands and the stuff gets changed just in the program code ...

Inside YOUR spaceship different things are possible to trigger, useful or not (what virtual ingame stuff from all games in the world are really useful ?? None,

it is just a game anyway), but it's there, like it should be and helps to pull you into YOUR sci fi world, which i want it to do, real life gets me back quick enough

if i shut off the computer and go back to real life's work and problems !

Like i said, like here in Star Cititzen, if all those insertable things have to be paid with real money, well, that's something, which could get out of hand and

has to be watched.

But if i compare it to for instance a flightsimulator like FSX or X-Plane - if you want new stuff like special airplanes, airports, special country sides and more,

you pay for each addon real money, too, and not exactly cheap, so not much of a difference there, it was all done before.

I like more immersion in a game like that - not just the Trade / Build (and a little Fight) idea ...

But, to each ones own personal taste, i know ... :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
How to fix the situation with the freezing of the courts in the sale of goods and

after each shot the monitor turns into a still chyudo and

I have a powerful weapon one shot and ship net.Prihoditsya run into the cockpit

that would unlock the monitor

Edited by BioptikRaven