"Modding" Skyrim game saves on XBox 360

gvman3670

Recently I've added modded game saves to a friend's XBox 360 <snipped> an app called <snipped>.

<snipped>

If anyone is interested in more details just let me know and I'll fill you in with what I can. I am going to go experiment with this some more.

No? Really? :confused: Modding is modding, isn't it? And you can't get banned from XBL for a modded Skyrim game (or any other one player games since that's reserved for multiplayer games).

So modding it on an XBox console is illegal and immoral, yet it's just fine on PC?

I'd have to question one's reasoning there. As far as I can tell it's not illegal as they only don't allow modded hardware (and this is only game saves) and XBL only cares about cheating others in multiplayer games. Immoral? Really? A game save?

No? Really? :confused: Modding is modding, isn't it? And you can't get banned from XBL for a modded Skyrim game (or any other one player games since that's reserved for multiplayer games).

Yes you can, and will, have your XBL account blocked for doing this (or get your friend's blocked.)

But in any case, you will definitely have your Nexus account banned for doing so, as you have now learned.

It's all about the EULA. Copyright holders can impose all sorts of restrictions on the use of their materials.

The Nexus supports and upholds those restrictions and permissions. And not just for game publishers, but for mod authors as well.

On this issue, the Terms of Service are quite clear:

Console modding

Nexus Mods does not support console modding. While we would love to see mods on consoles, as long as the console manufacturers stance on modding remains unchanged (non permissive) you should observe the following rules, regardless of your personal opinion of the console EULAs and their enforceability:

• Do not requests mods for consoles on Nexus. This includes actual game modifications and tweaked saves.
  • Do not discuss resources used in console modding and do not post either direct links to them or links to pages/sites hosting them.
  • Do not discuss or debate the legality/permissibility of console mods (physical modifications made to the console hardware, software modifications and game modifications).

If you ignore these rules, you will receive a warning or a ban, depending on the severity of your breaching of these rules.

And there's also the Site Owner's policy statement: Console modding is not supported here.

Your failure to read and heed those rules (ours, and those of others) is your own fault.