An underground home

roukaswan

Okay, before I begin, I want to apologize a head of time if I repeat myself anywhere in this suggestion for a home. My thoughts are a bit scattered. I'm no modder. I can come up with some ideas, although I can't put them together myself. So maybe if there's a kind modder out there that would like this idea, here it is. Anyway, here is what I've come up with for this idea.

So I've had this idea buzzing around in my head ever since I stumbled upon Mara's Eye Den. What if a home could be made that resembles it? One where you can even get a steward for it and the place would be safe to store things? The idea i had is an island you discover, location I think that'd be most fitting would be.. a swamp type setting. Humble and welcoming for a vampire. I know there's already home given to the player in the swamp marshes just off of Morthal. However, the idea I had, was a home hidden in the swamp, preferably among the many pond like areas. I know some of the areas are closed off in pools by land. Was thinking what if in one of those larger pools was an island with a few swamp trees and grass and a trapdoor leading into the place?

Around the little island that houses the trees and trapdoor, had an idea. Maybe some slaughterfish or mudcrabs. The island itself could have rocks, flowers/deathbell that sort of thing growing about the island. And of course the trees. Could even have bits of ruins around. Like a tower or something collapsed in the area. Maybe a small fishery.

The key could be found in a rotting tree stump, on or near the island. After entering the trapdoor, it'd lead down into a sewer tunnel. Picture the tunnel in Riften when you first enter. A ladder is the only way up to that trapdoor. Walking down it, to your left is a large circle area. This could a storage area or a sitting area.. Maybe even a bar area. If a storage, could have blood and skulls scattered about. If a bar area, could have a private bartender, complete with his or her own sleeping cot. If sitting area, some worn looking wooden benches would be cool. Maybe blood speckled here and there. Go down a little ways, a smaller circle spot is found off to the right. This could be a small storage place or a training area. Maybe have it spiral down into a multi-level area of circle places. Only way down, a ladder or steps. If storage, just one level, if training, could have like one level be training dummies, the next archery, the next chests to unlock.

Going further down the sewer tunnel, it'd lead to a circle piece at the end, that rounds off into a hallway. This hallway would have a set of double doors. This being where the sewer ends, a nicely decorated hallway begins. Still done in the underground/stone like build though like the shops and homes of Riften like where potions are bought type walls/floors. But nicely decorated. Maybe even a few carpets. In the circle piece, a support beam. Cause hey, gotta hold the above ground up somehow lol. The doors open up after that, revealing the hallway. The hallway is followed out a short distance before another set of doors are found. These maybe having blood splatter on them.

Upon opening these doors, a bridge is found, like the one from where the moth priest is saved. It's a nice bridge. It goes out to an island. The water surrounding this is blood mixed, like the water found in Red Water Den. This could have a fire place, kitchen, nice dining area, and storage area near the kitchen. The fire place could even have a few chairs near by. Though all up to the modder. And of course, a trapdoor, ladder or stairs somewhere on the island that allows to go down to the next level of the house.

This level is the bedrooms. There'd be a circle room upon reaching it. This room could have a fireplace with chairs.. a place to lounge around the warmth. Then rooms surrounding it. The master bedroom would be the largest. A double bed, dressers/clothing cabinets. Some night stands, and a hidden area. Maybe a special way to reach it. This being where sleep-able coffins are found. The other rooms would be for children, bard, and a steward to rest. Or a follower. Back in the main circle room, another set of stairs, ladder or trapdoor could be found to go to the next level.

The last level.. Or could be more if the modder wants. As this was as far as I went with it. Although could be taken further. Up to whoever takes this up lol. This level, would have the main circle place a forging area complete with smelter and all that. Rooms surrounding it. These would house any craft station available. Like enchanters tables and things like that. An armory in one of the rooms. And of course storage in another.

These are all ideas of course. And very open to be changed around. Just a random idea I came up with after exploring a few of the tombs. And after finding Mara's Eye Den. There's not many vampire friendly homes I noticed, and thought this would be something neat.

There was a mod called Amethyst Hollows, it is not exactly this, but it's underground (behind a waterfall). The problem is that that mod started causing problems in my game so I uninstalled it, but give it a go if you feel brave.

Well I don't really have the time to make this, but I wanted to give you kudos on your description. Very detailed an easy to follow, makes a modder like myself happy. It will certainly make it a lot easier and simpler for a modder to make this, ambiguity is very annoying in requests. You should try out the Creation Kit sometime, you definitely have the capability! You have the planning entirely complete and executing this in the CK is easier than you think. I'd be happy to help if you ever get stuck! Of course another modder could always do it, I just wanted to put the suggestion and encouragement in there.

• 3 weeks later...

So just gave it a try. And for the life of me, I can't get far. Program is up for only a very short few moments, then crashes the moment I try anything. On an a slightly unrelated note, I also tried to build this in the sims just for something to do. Because I was bored. It did not turn out well on there.

Also, I really appreciate the encouragement. I did give it a whirl. The program just doesn't want to cooperate it seems. Got it to zoom in slightly on what I can only guess was extremely brightly lit ground.. As it looked like grass.. Not sure if it was ground though.. Could have been a cave wall O.o for all I know. Then it crashed. That was the eighth time it's done that.

I could start making something like this, but maybe not quite on the scale you had in mind, and preferably without DLC elements in it to help with compatibility. Though maybe if it's really so vampire-oriented, Dawnguard wouldn't be too terrible a requirement. Hmmm.

Anyways, here's two home mods I've made before, and your idea sort of seems like a combination of the two, but much fancier. Check out the images and let me know if my style is alright with you and you'd like me to take a shot at it:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50111/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31950/?

It would be awesome if all the bards/barkeepers/whatever were Vampire's Thralls held prisoner in the compound. Like there's an ongoing effort to make the home seem normal, but if you wander off the beaten path too far, things get increasingly dark.

When I typed it up, the role player side of me just sort of took over. It does that sometimes lol.

Those look awesome by the way. ^.^ My fav is the Marsh Rest. I'm a bit of a sucker for swamp-marshy type places. Plus, while I can't really explain it, I just picture vampires.. Especially the older ones, enjoying places like that. Due to the seclusion type of feeling swampy places give off. I dunno.. Maybe I'm just a tad weird lol. And I do like your style. And love the idea for the vamp thralls. It'd make a lot of sense too. Rather than just everyday people there. I don't know many that would willing work for a vampire. And the idea of walking into darker places, I like that idea. Maybe a creepy element behind it or something.

So I'm working on it now, but it's gonna be a while since there's a lot to it! So far I've made the skeleton of the sewer section. I'm making the first circle area a bar with a miserable thrall living in it as the bartender... The circle areas all have prison doors, so basically all the workers and inhabitants are prisoners.

My working name for it is Crimsonlurk Compound, which kinda sucks so think up a better name for me. I do want the word compound in it though, I think it's a good description.